Solwise SAR-840V ADSL Router and NAT

Old December 29th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

Default Solwise SAR-840V ADSL Router and NAT

Am I right in reading that the Solwise ADSL-SAR-840V does not have NAT?

I am considering it for the VoIP port to replace my existing router, but
would not have one without NAT and some sort of simple firewall as a
first line of defence.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old December 29th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
shaza

Les Desser wrote:
Am I right in reading that the Solwise ADSL-SAR-840V does not have NAT?

I am considering it for the VoIP port to replace my existing router, but
would not have one without NAT and some sort of simple firewall as a
first line of defence.

nat is listed in the router comparison
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/downlo...ison-table.pdf
Old December 29th 04, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article [email protected] ews, shaza
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:41:00 writes

Les Desser wrote:
Am I right in reading that the Solwise ADSL-SAR-840V does not have NAT?
I am considering it for the VoIP port to replace my existing router,
but would not have one without NAT and some sort of simple firewall
as a first line of defence.

nat is listed in the router comparison
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/downloads/files/router-comparison-table.pdf

Thanks for that - but then why is it not listed on the specification
page?

http://www.solwise.com/adsl-sar-840v.htm
Old December 30th 04, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 29 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Les Desser wrote:

Thanks for that - but then why is it not listed on the specification
page?

http://www.solwise.com/adsl-sar-840v.htm

One for Steve Mace (or someone at Solwise) I guess !! Happy New Year!!

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old December 31st 04, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Peter M
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:36:17 writes

On 29 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Les Desser wrote:

Thanks for that - but then why is it not listed on the specification
page?

http://www.solwise.com/adsl-sar-840v.htm

One for Steve Mace (or someone at Solwise) I guess !! Happy New Year!!

Thanks - and to you and all.

Sent email to .

By the way, is the Solwise kit only available direct from them - I
cannot see any listed at Inmac and Dabs?