HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone

Old January 1st 05, 12:25 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone

As header,

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! !

(I would make an HTML post in some massive font but it'd be frowned upon)
I don't know about you lot but I certainly hope 2005 is better than 2004!

Anyway, let's all be happy and get very drunk, I'm swigging Martini
Bianco out of the bottle, and I'm pretty jolly seeing as I'm sitting
here in front of my computer instead of being out doing something
(un)productive!

Sorry about the cross-post, but what the ****, it's new years!

Did anyone else see the fireworks display from the middle of London on
BBC1? I'm not one for fireworks, but what they just had was so amazing
it practically had me in tears, even on my little 14" TV.

All the best for the new year everyone! Jerry Springer Look after
yourselves, and each other /Jerry Springer

Anton

(first Usenet post out of God-knows-how-many of 2005)
Old January 1st 05, 12:48 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Stuffed

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...
As header,

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! !

(I would make an HTML post in some massive font but it'd be frowned upon)
I don't know about you lot but I certainly hope 2005 is better than 2004!

Anyway, let's all be happy and get very drunk, I'm swigging Martini
Bianco out of the bottle, and I'm pretty jolly seeing as I'm sitting
here in front of my computer instead of being out doing something
(un)productive!

Sorry about the cross-post, but what the ****, it's new years!

You know what I really hate about this time of year? As in, really really
hate?

When you're trying to avoid the whole ******* thing, and you think "what the
hell, a computer adverts group should be non festive", and some ******* goes
and posts a bloody new year message.

The drunk I'm managing, the happy will come when the whole sorry ****ty
happy happy joy joy ******** is over.

Just thougt I'd try and redress the balance

Old January 1st 05, 01:33 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

recursor wrote:

Not bad, 25 seconds

25 minutes you mean! LOL!
Old January 1st 05, 01:44 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Stuffed wrote:
You know what I really hate about this time of year? As in, really really
hate?

When you're trying to avoid the whole ******* thing, and you think "what the
hell, a computer adverts group should be non festive", and some ******* goes
and posts a bloody new year message.

So you'd rather be browsing a computer adverts newsgroup for that
elusive 66mhz 486 CPU than joining in a lifelong tradition celebrated by
just about every race and religion under the sun?

The drunk I'm managing, the happy will come when the whole sorry ****ty
happy happy joy joy ******** is over.

Not if I drink lots of water before I go to sleep! Heheheh!

Just thougt I'd try and redress the balance

Fair enough, I'm as depressed as they come, but at least New Years'
Eve/Day is an excuse to drink and be happy, for a few hours at least.
You *have* to be happy, even if it's only because you're getting off on
everyone else's happiness
Old January 1st 05, 01:56 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Stuffed

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...
Stuffed wrote:

So you'd rather be browsing a computer adverts newsgroup for that
elusive 66mhz 486 CPU than joining in a lifelong tradition celebrated by
just about every race and religion under the sun?

Yep - Well, maybe not for a DX2 66, cause I think I've got one somewhere
(reminisces about paying 40 quid for one at Uni to upgrade a 33, then
putting it in the wrong way round later on, and smoking the board). But
there's sweet FA to celebrate round here. And the celebration of a new year
and earthy gods is somewhat lost nowadays..

The drunk I'm managing, the happy will come when the whole sorry ****ty
happy happy joy joy ******** is over.

Not if I drink lots of water before I go to sleep! Heheheh!

Recenltly, I've been awake for the hangover, and asleep when it finally
passes. I'm sure that's not right.

Just thougt I'd try and redress the balance

Fair enough, I'm as depressed as they come, but at least New Years'
Eve/Day is an excuse to drink and be happy, for a few hours at least.
You *have* to be happy, even if it's only because you're getting off on
everyone else's happiness

Hmm, everyone else's happiness doesn't being a world of joy to my life,
quite the opposite in fact. But at least I can agree with the excuse to
drink, which is why I've triple checked my typing in this post and probably
still arsed it up. Next year I inted to be running a small moonshine
production to cash in on this sort of thing, after all, it's all about money
nowadats anyway, innit?

/cynical

Old January 1st 05, 01:59 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Stuffed

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:48:15 -0000, "Stuffed" wrote:

The drunk I'm managing, the happy will come when the whole sorry ****ty
happy happy joy joy ******** is over.

Me also and I think quite a lot of other people also will agree the
whole bloody charade should be finished with .

Having *had* to work on Xmas eve, day, Ney Years eve and day one year, I
agree there needs to be a national holiday that ought to be enforced by law
(unless people volunteer to work those days), but the whole falsity of it
gets right on my pie-increased tits. It's a crappy time of year for so many,
yet unless you shut the world out entirely, you can't get away from it - And
shutting yourself away entirely is counter productive too. I don't begrudge
those who enjoy it their happiness (well, OK, I do), but it's more the fact
it's rammed down everyone else's throats that ****es me off.

No doubt Barker will be along in the morning to complain, so I'll STFU now

Old January 1st 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
recursor

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in message
recursor wrote:

Not bad, 25 seconds

25 minutes you mean! LOL!

I've gotta stop posting ****ed, still it's all over now

Old January 1st 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Lee

Anton G˙sen wrote:

So you'd rather be browsing a computer adverts newsgroup for that
elusive 66mhz 486 CPU than joining in a lifelong tradition celebrated by
just about every race and religion under the sun?

Hey, New Year for some of us was 31st October ;p

But any excuse for a party, so Happy New Year!
Old January 1st 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

recursor wrote:
"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...
recursor wrote:

Not bad, 25 seconds

25 minutes you mean! LOL!

I've gotta stop posting ****ed, still it's all over now

Nope it's only just started, got another 360 odd days to go before it ends
(some of them may well be very odd)..