"No connection. Work Offline or Try Again "

Old January 2nd 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris

Default "No connection. Work Offline or Try Again "

This has been bugging me for a while. Occasionally when I first
try to access the internet via Outlook Express or IE I get the
" No connection , work offline or try again " box.
Click try again and all's well.

Usually I Google the problem and get an answer. This time
I notice that many have the same problem, but no answers.

Any ideas ?

Happens only occasionally on both XP Home computers connected
to Plusnet ADSL via a DLink router.

Chris

Old January 2nd 05, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xbox-newbie

"Kris" wrote in message
This has been bugging me for a while. Occasionally when I first
try to access the internet via Outlook Express or IE I get the
" No connection , work offline or try again " box.
Click try again and all's well.

Usually I Google the problem and get an answer. This time
I notice that many have the same problem, but no answers.

Any ideas ?

Happens only occasionally on both XP Home computers connected
to Plusnet ADSL via a DLink router.

Chris

You need to give the connection a few extra seconds to kick in before you
access the net.

Well my NDO does...

Cheers

Old January 2nd 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Its a problem with XP. One of the ways they made XP "boot faster" is by
allowing the computer to be used before all services are actually loaded.
In your case you are being allowed to use the computer before the network
service has been loaded.
If you are getting your IP details from the router via DHCP, you may be
able to knock a little off the time network services take to start by
manually configuring them.

--
Colin