Werid Problem

Old January 2nd 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent

Default Werid Problem

I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where the problem is? or how it could be remedied?

Thank you

Old January 2nd 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Trent wrote:
I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where the problem is? or how it could be
remedied?
Thank you

Silly question maybe, but you have put filters on all the phones haven't
you?

Old January 2nd 05, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
Trent wrote:
I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where the problem is? or how it could be
remedied?
Thank you

Silly question maybe, but you have put filters on all the phones haven't
you?

yeah i have... im thinking of gettin a better microfilter or check the
wiring out.

Old January 2nd 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

Trent wrote:
I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where the problem is? or how it could be
remedied?
Thank you

Silly question maybe, but you have put filters on all the phones haven't
you?

yeah i have... im thinking of gettin a better microfilter or check the
wiring out.

How many phones have you got? Try unplugging them one at a time and ring
your own number. Could help work out if you have a faulty microfilter
somewhere in the house.

Old January 2nd 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

As others are saying - it would seem to be a filter problem. When I
initially set up our broadband in the old house we had similar - it was
down to an extension being wired directly into the back of the master
socket (not even into the faceplate).
I put an adsl faceplate on and filtered all extensions through that but
missed the extra one tucked in the back at first.

--
Colin
Old January 2nd 05, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Trent
writes
I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where the problem is? or how it could be remedied?

Have you got a filter fitted at every telephone point, whether it be fax
or sky box or extension?
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old January 3rd 05, 04:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Trent wrote:
I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where the problem is? or how it could be remedied?

Thank you

Try plugging the ADSL modem straight into the phone line (via a splitter
along with the phone) and see if it makes a difference.
Old January 3rd 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

In within
uk.telecom.broadband, 'Anton G˙sen' wrote:

Trent wrote:
I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where the problem is? or how it could be remedied?

Thank you

Try plugging the ADSL modem straight into the phone line (via a splitter
along with the phone) and see if it makes a difference.

If he's got a long extension I'd wonder about c/t between the ring wire
and the adsl link too?

--
Dave Johnson -
Old January 3rd 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
postmaster

i have broadband and i had a problem with filter make sure you have a filter
on every phone divice conected to the telephone line if you have and the
conection drops with the filter in then the filters are fawlty you have to
get new ones.

i hope i have solved your case.