Faxing with Broad Band

Old January 3rd 05, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default Faxing with Broad Band

Can I fax from my PC when using my BB account?

I have Winfax 10 but never installed as bought just before the BB.

Ken

Old January 3rd 05, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ian M Shepherd

"Ken" [email protected] wrote in message
Can I fax from my PC when using my BB account?

I have Winfax 10 but never installed as bought just before the BB.

Ken

Should be no problem. I run a stand alone fax machine on my BB line and it
works fine.

Old January 3rd 05, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Ken [email protected] wrote:

Can I fax from my PC when using my BB account?

I have Winfax 10 but never installed as bought just before the BB.

Ken

I assume that Winfax 10 is software which works with a normal fax/modem?

If so, you can use it ok with BB by simply plugging the fax/modem into a
*voice* socket. [You won't be able to use the phone at the same time as you
are sending or receiving faxes, of course].

If you follow this route, make sure that your browser and email client are
set up to "Never dial a connection" - to make sure that you never
accidentally use a dial-up internet connection instead of BB.

A solution adopted by many BB users is to use one of the free fax-to-email
services for *incoming* faxes - so as not to tie up the phone line - and to
use a fax/modem for *outgoing* faxes, since you have more control over
ensuring that these are sent at times when the phone isn't needed. The only
possible downside is that most of the fax-to-email services use 0870 numbers
which - from your other post - you seem not to like.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old January 3rd 05, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Ken wrote:
Can I fax from my PC when using my BB account?

I have Winfax 10 but never installed as bought just before the BB.

Ken

Only if you are using a nalogue modem....

You can't fax using your BB connection

Old January 4th 05, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Just signed up with Trinite where I can send and receive faxes via PC from
any location.

This seems to suit my need especially as my Fax has just gone wrong since my
first post!!

Thanks for the help though.

Ken