New Drivers For The D-Link G604T

Old January 3rd 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default New Drivers For The D-Link G604T

Various Forums such as

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread....551&thread=271

Suggest that updating this router with the Australian Drivers make it more
stable and fix a few bugs.
Has anyone done this and is it Ok?

I have tried to download these drivers from

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...s/dslg604t.htm

But when I unzip the file all I get is empty directories.
Has anyone got the FS and Kernel Files so I can try the upgrade?

Old January 3rd 05, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
Various Forums such as

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread....551&thread=271

Suggest that updating this router with the Australian Drivers make it
more stable and fix a few bugs.
Has anyone done this and is it Ok?

I have tried to download these drivers from

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...s/dslg604t.htm

But when I unzip the file all I get is empty directories.
Has anyone got the FS and Kernel Files so I can try the upgrade?

Downloaded ok at this end, but as it only contains one upgrade file & one
text file I don't know where you are getting directories from.....

Now all I've got to do is figure out whether it's worth the pain of
switching to the D-link to try it.....

Old January 3rd 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
Various Forums such as

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread....551&thread=271

Suggest that updating this router with the Australian Drivers make it
more stable and fix a few bugs.
Has anyone done this and is it Ok?

I have tried to download these drivers from

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...s/dslg604t.htm

But when I unzip the file all I get is empty directories.
Has anyone got the FS and Kernel Files so I can try the upgrade?

Downloaded ok at this end, but as it only contains one upgrade file & one
text file I don't know where you are getting directories from.....

Now all I've got to do is figure out whether it's worth the pain of
switching to the D-link to try it.....

Sorry - you are quite correct. When I unzipped the file I got three empty
directories, a text file and something that was apparently a Windows Media
file (at least on my system that's the icon it had. I was looking for the
two files (Kernel and FS as per the UK firmware) However the "Windows Media
File" was the one I needed.

Flashed Ok and the menu is vastly different to say the least!

I will let you know if it is more stable

Old January 3rd 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
[...]

Looking forward to hearing..

Had a similar problem with smaller companies offering different updates
depending which site you go to but not with one the size of D-Link (yes I
just checked & it's still the same old one on the uk site)...

Old January 3rd 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
?uzzled

Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
[...]

I'd like to hear how you get on as well. Mine doesn't seem to keep its
settings after it's been powered off. The time and date keeps resetting to
1970 and the WLAN light keeps turning on even when I've disabled it.

Old January 3rd 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
[...]

The time does reset each time you turn it off as for the WLan light I can't
tell you as I'm using my Wlan permanently, what I will point out/can remind
you that is if you don't save any changes to the config before you power
recycle/reboot you will loose them all as well as the clock/date as well

Old January 4th 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
?uzzled

Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
[...]

I do save my changes but it doesn't make any difference. Shame there's not
an internal battery or capacitor or something to keep the clock going. I
just can't be bothered changing the clock each time now. I can't keep the
router on all the time as it's in my bedroom and it produces a high pitched
sound. Not noticeable when the computer is on but very much so in a darkened
room when I'm trying to sleep. (

Old January 14th 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BRG

Kimball K Kinnison wrote:
Various Forums such as

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread....551&thread=271

Suggest that updating this router with the Australian Drivers make it more
stable and fix a few bugs.
Has anyone done this and is it Ok?

I have tried to download these drivers from

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers...s/dslg604t.htm

But when I unzip the file all I get is empty directories.
Has anyone got the FS and Kernel Files so I can try the upgrade?

Some new drivers DSL-G604T have been placed on the D-Link UK web site in
the last couple of days. I upgraded and had difficulties in using the
Mozilla browser with the web interface but, fortunately, IE6 worked ok.

Brian Gladman