Belkin Driver Error - Windows BSOD / unstable connection

Old January 3rd 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SKiNFreak

Default Belkin Driver Error - Windows BSOD / unstable connection

I get regular crashes and I am sure that they are related to the
wireless connection (usually with too much web activity eg eMule). The
following crash occurred as the 3Com ADSL Router stopped transmitting.
Usually I fix this by rebooting but in this case I switched off the
power to the router for 10 seconds. When the power came back on, the
internet connect re-established itself. I then sent an email and went to
browse a website and the computer froze for a couple of seconds and
rebooted.

The BSOD error is caused by bcmwl5.sys (I believe it is the driver for
my PCI Belkin card)

The windows error report is as follows:

BCCode : a BCP1 : 7472614C BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804DC42A OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER933b.dir00\Mini1 12304-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER933b.dir00\sysda ta.xml

I have a XP SP2 Athlon 2500 with 1gb of PC3200 DDR. Does the error
suggest anything to you? I have the latest drivers and connect to a 3Com
3CRWE754G72 with the Belkin F5D7000UK.

Thanks
Old January 3rd 05, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:34:45 +0000, SKiNFreak
wrote:

The BSOD error is caused by bcmwl5.sys (I believe it is the driver for
my PCI Belkin card)

http://sidulus.textdrive.com/entry/31/

Remember www.google.com, took me 5 secs to find the above link. I
always make it my first port of call for tech support and replies to
NGs g..
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old January 3rd 05, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SKiNFreak

wrote:

The BSOD error is caused by bcmwl5.sys (I believe it is the driver for
my PCI Belkin card)

http://sidulus.textdrive.com/entry/31/

Remember www.google.com, took me 5 secs to find the above link. I
always make it my first port of call for tech support and replies to
NGs g..
--
Cheers,

Guy

Thanks for the help, but lets be honest, the advice is a bit crappy.
If something doesn't work, buy a new one from a different vendor? That's
25 down the pan. I don't think I'll buy a netgear on principle after
this...

Apparently the problem is well known to chipset makers and is down to
SP2....according to an ASUS tech.
Old January 4th 05, 01:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SKiNFreak

wrote:

The BSOD error is caused by bcmwl5.sys (I believe it is the driver for
my PCI Belkin card)

http://sidulus.textdrive.com/entry/31/

Remember www.google.com, took me 5 secs to find the above link. I
always make it my first port of call for tech support and replies to
NGs g..
--
Cheers,

Guy

We'll see how the HP driver works out....pray to GOD!!
Old January 4th 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SKiNFreak

wrote:

The BSOD error is caused by bcmwl5.sys (I believe it is the driver for
my PCI Belkin card)

http://sidulus.textdrive.com/entry/31/

Remember www.google.com, took me 5 secs to find the above link. I
always make it my first port of call for tech support and replies to
NGs g..
--
Cheers,

Guy

Seems to have worked....so why are HP on the ball and not Belkin? Damn
odd that but who cares!
Old January 4th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SKiNFreak

Got a reply from Belkin:

*************
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

John, we understand you system crashes when you download large files.

Kindly follow the instructions given below to fix this issue:
1. Please click on "Start" and go to "Control Panel"
2. Click on "Network and Internet Connections" and click on "Network
Connections".
3. Right click on "Wireless Network Connection" and click on "Properties".
4. Click on the "configure" button.
5. Click on the tab "Advanced".
6. Change the RTS to 2346
7. Click "Ok".

John, if you need further assistance please do contact us. We would be glad
to help you.

Thanks Belkin! Still don't mention the driver issue though do you. As an
aside, does the above info help at all??