wireless link - check dsl cable

Old January 4th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richie

Default wireless link - check dsl cable

Running a wireless link from my laptop thru a router (SITECOM wireless adsl
router). Has been working fine.......Started to try to create a Network
today but got a bit lost (Don't know if this has anything to do with it...)
Restored to previous setting and now when i try to connect to the internet
it comes up with 'check dsl cable'..... The wireless link is connected but
just won't connect to internet. Changed the cable for another one and still
the same. Put the old cable on my home pc thru another modem and this works
so i know it's not the cable. Any ideas... Very frustrated....Tia

Old January 5th 05, 06:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

"Richie" wrote in message
Running a wireless link from my laptop thru a router (SITECOM wireless

adsl
router). Has been working fine.......Started to try to create a Network
today but got a bit lost (Don't know if this has anything to do with

it...)
Restored to previous setting and now when i try to connect to the internet
it comes up with 'check dsl cable'..... The wireless link is connected but
just won't connect to internet. Changed the cable for another one and

still
the same. Put the old cable on my home pc thru another modem and this

works
so i know it's not the cable. Any ideas... Very frustrated....Tia

Can you ping your router from your laptop? Can you ping something on the net
from your router? (E.g. 80.249.99.125 - adslguide). What does your router
tell you? Is it connected and data is passing the line?