Data passing between cable modem & PC when PC is off

Old January 5th 05, 07:31 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband
NovaRat

Default Data passing between cable modem & PC when PC is off

"Zarbol Tsar" wrote in message
I connect to the Net using NTL and I have got an Ambit cable modem.

Some of the green LEDs flicker on the cable modem even when my PC is
turned off. I need to actually unplug the PC from the mains to make
the LEDs stop flickering.

What data is passing between my cable modem and my PC when the PC is
powered down but not unplugged?