Clara.Net are WANK

Old January 6th 05, 01:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.binaries.news-server-comparison,alt.internet.providers.uk
FOC

Default Clara.Net are WANK

I'm not sure what their ADSL service is like now, but if Claranews is
anything to go by, I'd recommend you avoid Clara.Net like the plague.

Claranews can be summed up in one word - ****.

Old January 6th 05, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.binaries.news-server-comparison,alt.internet.providers.uk
Peter J Ross

On Thursday 06 January, Jim Davis wrote in
alt.binaries.news-server-comparison:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:39:52 +0000, FOC ****@off.**** wrote:

I'm not sure what their ADSL service is like now, but if Claranews is
anything to go by, I'd recommend you avoid Clara.Net like the plague.

Claranews can be summed up in one word - ****.

I'm not about to say they're the best news provider, but since
you use Altopia can you tell me what the retention is like there?

I don't know about binaries, but retention is very poor in text groups
(3-5 days last time I checked). Altopia's many attractions for its
customers don't include retention.

How much would I pay Altopia if I wanted to download at full
speed with 2Mbps ADSL?

The website lists the costs of various accounts.

PJR :-)
--
alt.hackers.malicious Wittiest Troll of the Year, 2003 & 2004
alt.usenet.kooks award-winners and FAQ:
Old January 6th 05, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.binaries.news-server-comparison,alt.internet.providers.uk
andy

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:39:52 +0000, FOC ****@off.**** wrote:

I'm not sure what their ADSL service is like now, but if Claranews is
anything to go by, I'd recommend you avoid Clara.Net like the plague.

Claranews can be summed up in one word - ****.

I'm not about to say they're the best news provider, but since
you use Altopia can you tell me what the retention is like there?
How much would I pay Altopia if I wanted to download at full
speed with 2Mbps ADSL?

Just over four years ago I was a Claranet customer and whilst expensive it
had a fantastic news server, following my move to another ISP I took out a
sub with Claranews, all was fine for about a year and then it was all
downhill. Many promises not kept etc.

Anyhow, Since those dark days I have been using giganews www.giganews.com
and I have no problem maxing out my 2MB ADSL line when connected to their
european servers. They offer various services levels determined by the
amount of data you will transfer over the course of a month.

Well worth consideration, long retention and high completion rates. The best
I have found.

Andy.

Old January 6th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.binaries.news-server-comparison,alt.internet.providers.uk
Peter J Ross

On Thursday 06 January, Jim Davis wrote in
alt.binaries.news-server-comparison:

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:07:05 +0000, Peter J Ross
wrote:

On Thursday 06 January, Jim Davis wrote in
alt.binaries.news-server-comparison:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:39:52 +0000, FOC ****@off.**** wrote:

I'm not sure what their ADSL service is like now, but if Claranews is
anything to go by, I'd recommend you avoid Clara.Net like the plague.

Claranews can be summed up in one word - ****.

I'm not about to say they're the best news provider, but since
you use Altopia can you tell me what the retention is like there?

I don't know about binaries, but retention is very poor in text groups
(3-5 days last time I checked). Altopia's many attractions for its
customers don't include retention.

Does Altopia really offer more privacy or 'anonymity' than other NSPs?

It offers you less chance of losing your account for the content of
your posts.

PJR :-)
Old January 7th 05, 02:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.binaries.news-server-comparison,alt.internet.providers.uk
DevilsPGD

In message KVL472
wrote:

Altopia is a cracking news server - but most people tend not to mention
that fact .

A cracking news server? Was it dropped?

--
Never try to extort more than it would cost to have you killed.
Old January 7th 05, 04:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.binaries.news-server-comparison,alt.internet.providers.uk
Steve Leyland

:
:: wrote:
:
::: On Thursday 06 January, Jim Davis wrote in
::: alt.binaries.news-server-comparison:
:::
:::: On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:39:52 +0000, FOC ****@off.**** wrote:
:::
::::: I'm not sure what their ADSL service is like now, but if
::::: Claranews is anything to go by, I'd recommend you avoid Clara.Net
::::: like the plague.
:::::
::::: Claranews can be summed up in one word - ****.
:::
:::: I'm not about to say they're the best news provider, but since
:::: you use Altopia can you tell me what the retention is like there?
:::
::: I don't know about binaries, but retention is very poor in text
::: groups (3-5 days last time I checked). Altopia's many attractions
::: for its customers don't include retention.
:
:: Does Altopia really offer more privacy or 'anonymity' than other
:: NSPs?
:
: It offers you less chance of losing your account for the content of
: your posts.

yep. they have an abuse department who actually *bother* to investigate
the frivolous complaints and act accordingly.
just a damn shame about the retention.

:
: PJR :-)

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

This message was sent to you via email in much the same way bricks
aren't.
"Warning to all: Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order.
Killfile the muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on
his past UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned.
*plonk*"

bear, uk.rec.motorcycles
"This sig is an abomination of all that is good and right about usenet.
Do the entire world a favor and REMOVE YOURSELF FROM USENET ALTOGETHER,
DUMBASS."

miguel, soc.singles
"must you include your 75847548574893579345 gigabyte sig file in every
****ing post? You're very annoying."

projectile vomit chick, alt.music.ozzy
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

Old January 7th 05, 05:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.binaries.news-server-comparison,alt.internet.providers.uk
ah

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message KVL472
wrote:

Altopia is a cracking news server - but most people tend not to mention
that fact .

A cracking news server? Was it dropped?

All the MsgIDs will spill out!
--