ZEN ... alternative to Claranet ?

Old January 6th 05, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Bear

Default ZEN ... alternative to Claranet ?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:10:27 -0000, "James" wrote:

"Flying Rat" wrote in message

58 is taking the ****. A regrade shouldn't cost more than thirteen
quid. Moving to Zen and then regrading should sting him about 26 as he
has to migrate like-for-like and then upgrade, and well worth the money
for a better service

Heh, Demon are sillier - we have our work connection through them and to
upgrade to 1 or 2mb from our current 512 they reckon it needs to effectively
be a new install so we would have 2 weeks downtime. Not really acceptable
when we receive dozens of support and sales emails from customers each day.
I've asked 3 or 4 different people at Demon why they can't just "crank it
up" but they all say no. Also, we would get a new IP, so all our customers
we have remote access to would need to reconfigure their firewalls etc....
Ridiculous!
James.

Anyone still with those plonkers at demon needs their head testing.