Update : error 680

Old January 6th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Default Update : error 680

Update on my post yesterday.

Funny thing is, ever since BT checked out the line and said it was all
clear, I havent had the problem.

Also, to my surprise I got a call from BT asking if i was still experiencing
problems and said if i did have any further problems i should call them
back. I asked if the line check did something to clear any glitches that
may have existed on the line. She replied she wasnt aware that it did, but
she did have experience of other users who did phone in with other problems,
only to find that they had cleared up AFTER the line was checked.

Does anyone know if BT testing the line does more than actually testing it
(eg clear up any minor glitches)

thanks to all who helped me out yesterday.

Old January 6th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Jim wrote:
Update on my post yesterday.

Funny thing is, ever since BT checked out the line and said it was all
clear, I havent had the problem.

Also, to my surprise I got a call from BT asking if i was still
experiencing problems and said if i did have any further problems i
should call them back. I asked if the line check did something to
clear any glitches that may have existed on the line. She replied
she wasnt aware that it did, but she did have experience of other
users who did phone in with other problems, only to find that they
had cleared up AFTER the line was checked.

Does anyone know if BT testing the line does more than actually
testing it (eg clear up any minor glitches)

In some cases the remote access testing facility can unlock DSLAM ports
which have locked, so it is possible. It's also possible for the same
system to lock a port up if used on a ADSL line (which is one of the reasons
it comes up with a warning when you try to do one)......

Old January 7th 05, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
Jim wrote:
[...]

thanks for that kraftee