I'm Looking for a new Broadband ISP

Old January 6th 05, 06:37 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
***JB

Default I'm Looking for a new Broadband ISP

Hi guys,

I've been on Pipex ADSL 512K for 2 years and have been very happy so far. At
the time the deal looked great but with so many new offers since then I
think I might want to upgrade.

Ideally to 1MB or 2MB, what are the best deals on the ADSL - Note I have all
the hardware already & ideally need one that doesnt charge (or is minimal)
setup/migration fee.

What ISP does everyone recommend?
Thanks in advance

Old January 6th 05, 06:52 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:37:21 -0000, "***JB"
wrote:

What ISP does everyone recommend?

they tend to recommend different ones, depending on your needs.

How much do you download ? www.f2s.com are offering 2M broadband for
15 inc 1 or 2 GByte (I forget) then you pay per GB after that. You
get the fastest speed your line can take.

Phil
--
Splenda - the only sweetener made from chlorine :-)
Old January 6th 05, 06:56 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
"***JB" wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been on Pipex ADSL 512K for 2 years and have been very happy so far. At
the time the deal looked great but with so many new offers since then I
think I might want to upgrade.

Ideally to 1MB or 2MB, what are the best deals on the ADSL - Note I have all
the hardware already & ideally need one that doesnt charge (or is minimal)
setup/migration fee.

What ISP does everyone recommend?
Thanks in advance

Zen or Metronet would get my vote.

cheers,
Paul
--
paul at spamcop dot net
Old January 6th 05, 07:21 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, in uk.telecom.broadband, "***JB" wrote:

At the time the deal looked great but with so many new offers since then I
think I might want to upgrade.

Ideally to 1MB or 2MB, what are the best deals on the ADSL - Note I have all
the hardware already & ideally need one that doesnt charge (or is minimal)
setup/migration fee.

What ISP does everyone recommend?

the one they use :-) Take a look at www.ADSLguide.org and see how they
compare - really does depend what you consider 'exensive' and how the cost
of upgrading on Pipex vs cost of change would work out. I have never used
Pipex, and any special deals will likely be found from indiviual ISP sites
or in the 'news' section of ADSLguide / BUG / ISPreview / magazines. Peter

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old January 6th 05, 07:36 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Charles Bridge

Hi you hear alot of good and bad about plusnet on here. I've been with them
for 1 1/2 yrs. with great service. Well worth looking into.1mb is +/- 29 a
month unlimited

Old January 6th 05, 10:45 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
maurice

NTLworld is pretty good and now giving 1.5 MB for the 1MB price, unlimited.
I don't know if they are the cheapest but phone support is good, they
provide a downloadable, automatic checker/fixer application and connection
via LANC cable is automatic. USB requires the CD software which can be a bit
tempermental.
--
Maurice
South Bucks.. UK

Old January 7th 05, 12:01 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Gonzales

I don't advertise on USENET, but if you whois my IP address on RIPE,
then I have been pleased with my supplier for the past 3 broadband
connections (I move a lot)

A friend has a 4mb connection (in London) from another supplier and
was bragging that he was so much faster, until we did a test and my
1mb outperformed his.

Old January 7th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been on Pipex ADSL 512K for 2 years and have been very happy so far. At
the time the deal looked great but with so many new offers since then I
think I might want to upgrade.

Ideally to 1MB or 2MB, what are the best deals on the ADSL - Note I have all
the hardware already & ideally need one that doesnt charge (or is minimal)
setup/migration fee.

What ISP does everyone recommend?
Thanks in advance

I migrated from BTYahoo to Central Point about 2 months ago - their
1Mb service for 25.99. A few hiccougs to being with - it took about 2
weeks to sort out and then I was cut off from time to time. But now it
has settled down and seems fine. No capping.

I don't work for them.
John
In limine sapientiae
Old January 7th 05, 12:54 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
XpUser

After careful thought and consideration maurice typed:

"***JB" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I've been on Pipex ADSL 512K for 2 years and have been very happy so
far. At the time the deal looked great but with so many new offers
since then I think I might want to upgrade.

Ideally to 1MB or 2MB, what are the best deals on the ADSL - Note I
have all the hardware already & ideally need one that doesnt charge
(or is minimal) setup/migration fee.

What ISP does everyone recommend?
Thanks in advance

The service you mention from NTL is capped. There current service is also
capped, but they do not enforce teh capp, unless you start to abuse it.

Old January 7th 05, 06:19 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Gee

For any ADSL choices in UK, first check www.adslguide.com and check the
board for users reviews.