Tiscali offers 1M for 15-99 (capped)

Old January 6th 05, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Default Tiscali offers 1M for 15-99 (capped)

Tiscali UK slips open broadband price promo kimono
By Tim Richardson
Published Thursday 6th January 2005 10:44 GMT

Tiscali UK has unveiled a nationwide ad campaign in the national press
to plug a series of New Year deals for its broadband and internet
services.

The ever increasing competitive market is cited as the main reason for
the price cuts, with the ISP keen to hang on to existing customers and
attract new ones.

As a result, existing broadband subscriber are being offered the chance
to upgrade to a faster service for free (150k customers will be
upgraded to 256k, 256k to 512k and 512k to 1mb) while dial-up users are
to have their service speeded-up.

Using "Tiscali Accelerator", the software boosts dial-up connections by
"cleverly compressing web pages as you surf, enabling you to browse the
web at least three times faster than normal".

Tiscali UK - which has 1.7m internet customers including more than
350,000 broadband subscribers - is also launching a capped 1Mb service
(2GB limit) for 15.99 a month. Its uncapped 1Mb service costs 24.99
a moth.

Said Tiscali UK's internet boss, Steve Horley: "A year ago, we launched
broadband for the price of dial up at 15.99 and had phenomenal
success. A year later we are still the only service provider offering
broadband nation-wide at this price."

Old January 6th 05, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

six-toes brought next idea :
As a result, existing broadband subscriber are being offered the chance
to upgrade to a faster service for free (150k customers will be
upgraded to 256k, 256k to 512k and 512k to 1mb) while dial-up users are
to have their service speeded-up.

Using "Tiscali Accelerator", the software boosts dial-up connections by
"cleverly compressing web pages as you surf, enabling you to browse the
web at least three times faster than normal".

So, are they offering an actual service upgrade for free or some
compression software?

Assuming I am already subscribed to the 256k service, what do I need to
do to achieve the free upgrade onto the 512k service?

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org