Enabled line???

Old January 7th 05, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wooosh

Default Enabled line???

Does anyone know how to get an ISP off a line?

My sister has a normal residential line and has never had broadband.

I am trying to order ADSL for her but the line has some ISP attached to it.

BT say they can do nothing that the ISP must release the line.

She has never had an ISP to ask them to release the line!

Any help appreciated.

BT cannot tell who the ISP is.

Old January 7th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

wooosh wrote:

Does anyone know how to get an ISP off a line?

My sister has a normal residential line and has never had broadband.

I am trying to order ADSL for her but the line has some ISP attached
to it.

BT say they can do nothing that the ISP must release the line.

She has never had an ISP to ask them to release the line!

Any help appreciated.

BT cannot tell who the ISP is.

How long has she lived there? Might the previous residents have had ADSL? If
so, can't they tell her who the ISP was?

If all else fails, junk the line and get a new one installed.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old January 7th 05, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wooosh

How long has she lived there? Might the previous residents have had ADSL?
If
so, can't they tell her who the ISP was?

If all else fails, junk the line and get a new one installed.
--
Cheers,
Tim
______

She has had the line 2 years.

I finally got through to a normal person via 150 and not the usual droids
who simply say "there is nothing I can do".

He spoke to BT Wholesale while I held on the line and returned to tell me it
was enabled by BTYAHOO for the previous account holder. He also spoke to
BTYahoo and returned to inform me the mistake had been with BTYAHOO not
informing BTWHOLESALE of the new account holder.

The worrying thing is, he was able to do the disconnection for me but only
because it was all within the BT group. He said had it have been another
ISP he could not have done so as it would have been classed as an
uncompetitve move.

So, luckily everything is sorted (should be on the 18th).

Cheers.

Old January 11th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
foonk

"wooosh" wrote in message
The worrying thing is, he was able to do the disconnection for me but only
because it was all within the BT group. He said had it have been another
ISP he could not have done so as it would have been classed as an
uncompetitve move.

So, luckily everything is sorted (should be on the 18th).

They talk ****e, it'd not have been a problem after a bit of fussing.
Unfortunately BT are rather capitalistic with respect to 'issues' on your
line.