Dlink : "Access Point" or "Wireless Client" mode?

Old January 7th 05, 07:09 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband
Alfie

Default Dlink : "Access Point" or "Wireless Client" mode?

I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.

Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point" ? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).

Confused,
Alfie.

Old January 7th 05, 08:16 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband
Roby

Alfie wrote:

I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an
access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.

Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point"
? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).

Confused,
Alfie.

Short answer: "Yes"

Longer answer: You can configure it either way, with different results.

Most likely, you want to be able to reach your ADSL connection and/or the
other PCs in your wireless network. For that, set up the 2000AP+ as a
Wireless Client.

Roby
Old January 7th 05, 08:41 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband
Alfie

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a lash tomorrow.

Cheers,
Alfie.