NTL 3mb Upgrades

Old January 7th 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ste Kearney

Default NTL 3mb Upgrades

Anyone any idea when apart from Q1?

I do download stuff, mostly telly I missed from uknova - hover around
30gb a no so the so-called caps won't get me.

BTW, uknova.com is practically a PVR with fast internet!

Ste

--
Take out no before @ and spam after

Old January 8th 05, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

"Ste Kearney" wrote in message
news:2005010722051050073%[email protected]
Anyone any idea when apart from Q1?

I do download stuff, mostly telly I missed from uknova - hover around
30gb a no so the so-called caps won't get me.

BTW, uknova.com is practically a PVR with fast internet!

Ste

--
Take out no before @ and spam after

Hi a family member of mine spoke to NTL this evening trying to see what
offers they would give him and apparently the current speeds of 300k, 750k
and 1.5mb are to be upgraded this April to 1mb, 2mb and 3mb. The current
prices of 17.99, 24.99 and 37.99 will stay the same which will be good
value. + they are stating that you can have 12 months free telephone line
rental with all broadband packages but not too keen on their phone service.
Suppose it would be ok for incoming calls.

I think the 1GB daily cap will still apply. If your already an NTL customer
I think he said you have to pay 25 to switch to the new package as it will
be free for new customers only.

Old January 11th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
foonk

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in message
I think the 1GB daily cap will still apply. If your already an NTL
customer
I think he said you have to pay 25 to switch to the new package as it
will
be free for new customers only.

If it's after your 12 month contract, and you don't mind another 12 month
contract, then just quit then re-join, get a free phone line too.

NTL's offers are ni-on daft, i can confirm their 'administration 20/25'
charge is to change a drop-down menu on a webpage loaded on the sh!tty
windows-NT systems they use. Ridiculous.

I *still* pay 19.99 per month for my 750k - no monthly cap. I may just
stick with it for the sake of what it is - i don't think i'd get 2mbit
account for 19.99 with them, even after paying the administration fee :-|