Download Legal Music

Old January 8th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default Download Legal Music

Where is the best place to legally download music tracks from. I would want
to play any files downloaded on my PC (Windows XP), my SE P900 mobile phone
and my iPaq h6365 Pocket PC

Thanx

Old January 8th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:18:17 -0000, "Kimball K Kinnison"
wrote:

Where is the best place to legally download music tracks from. I would want
to play any files downloaded on my PC (Windows XP), my SE P900 mobile phone
and my iPaq h6365 Pocket PC

Pretty much anywhere you can legally download from is going to require
you to use DRM. Check if your phone and iPaq can handle DRM's media.
You may be able buy it then convert it to MP3 or some other DRM'less
medium. I've not tried this but I guess its possible.
Old January 8th 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Warby

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:18:17 +0000, Kimball K Kinnison wrote:

Where is the best place to legally download music tracks from. I would want
to play any files downloaded on my PC (Windows XP), my SE P900 mobile phone
and my iPaq h6365 Pocket PC

Thanx

you could try www.allofmp3.com

Martin

Old January 10th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:46:41 GMT, Mark McIntyre
wrote:

Pretty much anywhere you can legally download from is going to require
you to use DRM. Check if your phone and iPaq can handle DRM's media.

Yup, burn to CD then extract it again in your chosen DRM-less format.
Much easier, but if you're at all bothered by any loss of sound
quality, it's not for you