PlusNet

Old January 9th 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Snuggles

Default PlusNet

I am thinking of changing to Plusnet from BT Yahoo, but there doesn't seem
to be a great deal of info on the PlusNet website about what they actually
provide. Can anyone confirm that the "Lite" options include POP3 e-mail
access and Newsgroup access?

TIA

Old January 9th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Homer

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...features.shtml

Old January 9th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 9 Jan 2005, "Homer" quoted "snuggles" and wrote:

there doesn't seem to be a great deal of info on the PlusNet website
about what they actually provide. Can anyone confirm that the "Lite"
options include POP3 e-mail access and Newsgroup access?

You're kidding, right :-) The 'Lite' options have all the facilities but
have a monthly quota for traffic AFAIK. Some time ago (15+ months) there
was another account "Home Surf" which had restrictions on use, blocks for
peer-to-peer file transfers and *binary* news access, but all nowadays do
allow binary groups and have only traffic restrictions.

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...features.shtml

Thanks for that. They used to compare against other ISPs but this is at
last one which compares their own different accounts. I usually find so
many links and information as not to look at the Plus.Net site any more!

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old January 9th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Snuggles

Thanks for the replies. I should have said, I don't do much downloading and
I don't use binary newsgroups, so the limits won't bother me.

Cheers.

Old January 9th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 9 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Snuggles" wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I should have said, I don't do much downloading
and I don't use binary newsgroups, so the limits won't bother me.

Should be fine then. If you have really low usage (or spend time away)
then MetroNet is another possible, as theirs starts at 11.75 and goes up
depending on usage. The others often charge for an extra GB at a time, if
one does go over the limit in any particular month, plus starting at 14.99

(but MetroNet doesn't include multiple [or any!] mail as default)

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org