USB Model/Laptop problems

Old January 9th 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

Default USB Model/Laptop problems

Hope you can help, posted on behalf of someone who doesn't have access to
Usenet.

Hi Guys.

I am with wanadoo and can access my broadband fine on pc.

Yesterday i loaded the disc onto my laptop and went through steps and loaded
programme onto laptop.

Modem was fine as just unplugged from pc, however it wont open the
speedtouch connection to access the net. it reads a command error and i cant
use the internet. get error 678.

Rang wanadoo. the guy went throguh few things and advsied this is a problem
thwey get with xp software, and told me to go back to person i bought laptop
from.

Laptop is brand new. how will it help me to go back to shop i bought it
from.

Any help would be appreciated as i am a novice.

Thanks

Old January 9th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/error_678.html
http://www.cpbb.co.uk/cpbb/faqtech.html
http://www.virgin.net/customers/broa...errors/678.htm
I'm making assumptions about the modem being used :-)

Phil

Old January 10th 05, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Doherty

--

I "created" this problem on my laptop after messing about with my modem
settings.

I restored operation by removing the TCP/IP protocol from within my
modem/networking settings, rebooting the laptop and then re-installing the
TCP/IP protocol into the modem settings.

I was relieved that this worked as it was looking like a re-install of XP
Pro!!!!

Good Luck