PlusNet Newsservers playing up again

Old January 10th 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

Default PlusNet Newsservers playing up again

PlusNets news servers are playing up again.

Click on a recent message and it gives the error that it does not exist on
the server.

This problem has happened so many times now.

AMO

Old January 10th 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

AMO wrote:

Click on a recent message and it gives the error that it does not exist on
the server.

well it only happens on *some* messages, but yes there looks like a hiccup.
Old January 10th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:53:30 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

AMO wrote:

Click on a recent message and it gives the error that it does not exist on
the server.

well it only happens on *some* messages, but yes there looks like a hiccup.

Hi There

I cannot see any issues is it any specific group you are seeing this with

--

+ ----
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+
Old January 10th 05, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message
news
I cannot see any issues is it any specific group you are seeing this with

Well, just look in alt.warez.uk . The latest message stream titled
amazon.co.uk are all showing "Message not Available".

It happens quite a bit.

Old January 10th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mk38

Had this happen in a couple of groups today.

alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargins
alt.internet.wireless

mk38

Old January 10th 05, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Andy Burns wrote:
AMO wrote:

Click on a recent message and it gives the error that it does not exist on
the server.

well it only happens on *some* messages, but yes there looks like a hiccup.

More like a hiccupping fit.
I've had maybe 50 missing messages spread over 10-14 groups in the last few
mins.
Old January 11th 05, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

PlusNet Support wrote:

I cannot see any issues is it any specific group you are seeing this with

several groups, but a specific example for you

in group uk.tech.digital-tv

in the thread "Cable stupidity"

the post by Richard Watkinson

give me the following error (from Mozilla Thunderbird)

Error!
newsgroup server responded:No such article number in this group

Perhaps the article has expired

(22043)

Click here to remove all expired articles
Old January 11th 05, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote:

PlusNet Support wrote:

I cannot see any issues is it any specific group you are seeing this with

several groups, but a specific example for you

Also in Ian Stirling's reply to this thread ...
Old January 11th 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

PlusNet Support wrote:

AMO wrote:

Click on a recent message and it gives the error that it does not exist on
the server.

I cannot see any issues is it any specific group you are seeing this with

I think AMO got it right when he/she said "recent messages"

if a message is under about 15 minutes it tends to get article not
available, retrieveing thr same message immeditately makes no
difference, but retrieving it again later it does show up.

Is there some mechanism where headers are arriving before bodies?
Old January 11th 05, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

AMO wrote:

Click on a recent message and it gives the error that it does not exist
on
the server.

well it only happens on *some* messages, but yes there looks like a
hiccup.

Hi There

I cannot see any issues is it any specific group you are seeing this with

The issue is with *all* newsgroups. It is to do with timing. New messages
less than 20-30 minutes old have this problem.

PlusNet appear to have this problem approximately once a month. It should
be something that should be sorted by now.

AMO