ISP change? Suggestions wanted please!

Old January 10th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

Default ISP change? Suggestions wanted please!

Looking for a new ISP to replace BT Yahoo, requirements a

- Decent support
- 1Mb 29.99 & 39.99 2Mb connection
- No capping
- Static IP address
- Other IP's available FOC
- Not interested in news, or email
- 24/7 Support
- 1 Month contract

Was considering Eclipse but as they are in talks with Demon.....

Suggestions please?
--
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site
http://www.tekguru.co.uk
Old January 10th 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
"Tekguru (Daron Brewood)" wrote:

Looking for a new ISP to replace BT Yahoo, requirements a

- Decent support
- 1Mb 29.99 & 39.99 2Mb connection
- No capping
- Static IP address
- Other IP's available FOC
- Not interested in news, or email
- 24/7 Support
- 1 Month contract

Was considering Eclipse but as they are in talks with Demon.....

Suggestions please?

Zen or Metronet would be mine.

Haven't read about the Eclipse thing yet, but are you sure, Kingston
only just bought them?

cheers,
Paul
--
paul at spamcop dot net
Old January 10th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
evangelical_bob

Where did you read this? Doesn't surprise me but I would still
recommend Eclipse. Top 10 speed on ADSLGuide, uninterrupted service,
telephone support good, e-mail support slow, "free" static IP blah blah
blah

Old January 11th 05, 03:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article [email protected]
119.zen.co.uk, says...
Haven't read about the Eclipse thing yet, but are you sure, Kingston
only just bought them?

it was just a rumour. Nothing more.

FR
Old January 11th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:16:07 -0000, Flying Rat wrote:

it was just a rumour. Nothing more.

Indeed they confirmed that today, so it looks like I will be going with
them now, once I can find out where to get my MAC Code from within the
snaggles of BT Openworld / Yahoo!

Old January 16th 05, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:15:17 -0000, Flying Rat wrote:

No they aren't.

Eclipse was eventually bought by Kingston. Demon are nothing to do with
Eclipse whatsoever.

Yep I know that now after talking to them - order in progress to move to
them now, migration day Wednesday....