Tiscali BB offering double speed for same money!

Old January 10th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Tiscali BB offering double speed for same money!

Hi,

Just received a snailmail from Tiscali...

They suggest that towards the end of March, our 256k BB will be
upgraded to 512K at the same cost.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Old January 10th 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 10 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

They suggest that towards the end of March, our 256k BB will be
upgraded to 512K at the same cost.

Thanks for putting a date on it. The intention to double was posted
recently (a few times, by a poster, for reasons known only to him :-)

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old January 10th 05, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

It happens that Peter M formulated :
On 10 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

They suggest that towards the end of March, our 256k BB will be
upgraded to 512K at the same cost.

Thanks for putting a date on it. The intention to double was posted
recently (a few times, by a poster, for reasons known only to him :-)

I saw those and asked what a Tiscali BB user needed to do to take up
the offer. Reading the letter which arrived today, it seems that a user
needs to do nothing at all, it will all be automatic.

Old January 11th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Laine

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:27:24 +0000, Dave Whiteman
wrote:

In the dim and distant past on Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:00:21 GMT
it was rumoured that Harry Bloomfield spake thus:

Hi,

Just received a snailmail from Tiscali...

They suggest that towards the end of March, our 256k BB will be
upgraded to 512K at the same cost.

Interesting, the letter *I* just got said my 150k connection will be
introduced at the end of January. Guess they're phasing the system in.

Mine came this morning, 150 to 256 at the end of January, they do say
they will email when it's done.
Mike