Some visited pages causes the Dial up dialogue to appear while using wireless?

Old January 10th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NewsGroupQuestion

Default Some visited pages causes the Dial up dialogue to appear while using wireless?

I am using a Linksys WAG54G. All appears to be working okay with minor
observations. One issue though is that some (a small number) web pages
visited cause the Dial up Connection dialogue to appear.

Why would this be?

An example page that causes this symptom is: http://tinyurl.com/4ztpt

Full url =
http://www.webuser.co.uk/cgi-bin/for...b=7&o=93&part=

Old January 10th 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:42:25 -0000, "NewsGroupQuestion"
strung together this:

Why would this be?

It's a Windows thing, nothing to do with your router.
--

SJW
Old January 10th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

I am using a Linksys WAG54G. All appears to be working okay with minor
observations. One issue though is that some (a small number) web pages
visited cause the Dial up Connection dialogue to appear.

Why would this be?

An example page that causes this symptom is: http://tinyurl.com/4ztpt

Full url =

http://www.webuser.co.uk/cgi-bin/for...=neworking&Num
ber=121262&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=7&o=93&part=

Don't know,
But I suggest that as you are using a router go into Control Panel -Internet
Options -
Connections and tell the DUN connection to 'never dial a connection'

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 10th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NewsGroupQuestion

Don't know,
But I suggest that as you are using a router go into Control

Panel -Internet
Options -
Connections and tell the DUN connection to 'never dial a connection'

That sorted it - thank you.

Old January 12th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paperbag Writer

"NewsGroupQuestion" wrote in
:

That sorted it - thank you.

It might also be worth running a spyware scan to see if you have picked up
a dialer from somewhere.
p.