Virgin Broadband Connection Problem

Old January 11th 05, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kenty

Default Virgin Broadband Connection Problem

got activated today but unable to connect using my old BT voyager modem
(which works..tested elsewhere) get 2 lights up but seems to say I have
incorrect password or user-id

is there anything I should change from the original BT set-up (re-installed
modem/drivers from original bt disk) ??

Old January 11th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

yes, you should enter your new Virgin User-id and pwd into the modem. Don't
have a BT modem so don't know how exactly, but it's probably still got your
old details stored.

Old January 17th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kenty

"Kenty" wrote in message
got activated today but unable to connect using my old BT voyager modem
(which works..tested elsewhere) get 2 lights up but seems to say I have
incorrect password or user-id

is there anything I should change from the original BT set-up
(re-installed
modem/drivers from original bt disk) ??

been back to my mums today, 2 different modems, same problem ...shows sync
ok and passes diagnostics but fails connection test...but for some reason
shows 1152 as connection speed ??? should be 576 ??

and Virgin don't do 1meg so now I am confused

(I use broadband at home and have swapped modems twice here so it's not like
I'm a newbie !1)