Metronet and Hotspots

Old January 12th 05, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Mowatt

Default Metronet and Hotspots

Following the query I raised here about Metronet a couple of days ago, I've
just got a response from them that indicates they don't object as long as
certain security precautions are observed which would be the same in any
wireless config I guess.

The relevant paragraph from their reply is this:

Basically, you are more then welcome to do something like this, but you
need
to be aware that as our customer, it is you that is responsible for
making
sure that any traffic that is transfered over the connection is in
accordance
with our acceptable use policy:

http://www.metronet.co.uk/policies/aup

Old January 12th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Mowatt

"John Naismith" wrote in message
Nice one - you did make it clear that you'd be receiving money for the
hotspot yeah? As long as you did then you're in the clear so to speak
:-)

John, Yes I asked the question both on a chargeable and non-chargeable
basis. I can forward the full Q & A if you're interested or to anyone else,
provided the real email address can be easily figured out. Otherwise you
know my name (it has a dot) and the isp is as stated.

Jeff

Old January 12th 05, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Mowatt

I should also have mentioned that the hotspot box and modem arrived today
too. I'd have been pretty sick with nowhere to plug it it ;-)