Belkin Wireless Router and Desktop Icon

Old January 12th 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Default Belkin Wireless Router and Desktop Icon

Hi

Not a very computer savvy guy but my wireless belkin router literally came
out of the box ,plugged in and I'm on the broadband connection.

One thing though to connect I seem to have to go into 192.68.2.1 an then
connect each time through the Belkin setup.

Is there a way to do this via a desktop icon, the internet explore icon
would be nice.

Thanks a lot

Ian

Old January 12th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:05:37 GMT, "Ian" wrote:

Hi

Not a very computer savvy guy but my wireless belkin router literally came
out of the box ,plugged in and I'm on the broadband connection.

One thing though to connect I seem to have to go into 192.68.2.1 an then
connect each time through the Belkin setup.

Is there a way to do this via a desktop icon, the internet explore icon
would be nice.

Thanks a lot

Ian

right click on the desktop

select new - shortcut

location = http://192.168.2.1

name = Belkin Config (or whatever you want to call it)

Done!

--

Shevek

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

Get Firefox!
Old January 12th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Shevek

Thanks, just the sort of fix I like

regards

Ian

Old January 12th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:05:37 GMT, "Ian" strung
together this:

Not a very computer savvy guy but my wireless belkin router literally came
out of the box ,plugged in and I'm on the broadband connection.

One thing though to connect I seem to have to go into 192.68.2.1 an then
connect each time through the Belkin setup.

Is there a way to do this via a desktop icon, the internet explore icon
would be nice.

It should stay connected shouldn't it? Is there a save button in the
config? I think you're working around a problem rather than fixing it,
kind of like wrapping a towel round a leaky pipe!
--

SJW
Old January 13th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:43:05 GMT, "Ian" wrote:

Shevek

Thanks, just the sort of fix I like

regards

Ian

No probs - glad to be of service ;-)

Old January 13th 05, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Keates

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:05:37 GMT, "Ian" strung
together this:

Not a very computer savvy guy but my wireless belkin router literally

came
out of the box ,plugged in and I'm on the broadband connection.

One thing though to connect I seem to have to go into 192.68.2.1 an then
connect each time through the Belkin setup.

Is there a way to do this via a desktop icon, the internet explore icon
would be nice.

It should stay connected shouldn't it? Is there a save button in the
config? I think you're working around a problem rather than fixing it,
kind of like wrapping a towel round a leaky pipe!

You Can make the Belkin Router connect by using an IP number in your
Browser, not a Webb address.I use http://195.92.249.131 Which is the Wanadoo
home page.

Thi saves you having to go to the router itself.
You can make the router stay connected by setting the idle time to Zero in
the router connection information box.

Hope this helps Dave
--

SJW