Cheapest ipstream 1Mb supplier?

Old January 13th 05, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex\(IoW\)

Default Cheapest ipstream 1Mb supplier?

I'm currently on Central Point (Telefonica datastream) with 1Mb, but the
speeds aren't what they where...
Who's the cheapest reliable (ipstream) supplier for a 1Mb connection?

Cheers

Alex-IoW

Old January 13th 05, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeteIvy

"Alex(IoW)" wrote in message
I'm currently on Central Point (Telefonica datastream) with 1Mb, but the
speeds aren't what they where...
Who's the cheapest reliable (ipstream) supplier for a 1Mb connection?

Cheers

Alex-IoW

Exactly the same here Alex. Been with Central Point for about four months.
Speeds down as low as 300Kbps. It's down to contention. Currently looking
for an alternative too. Ecplipse are getting alot of good reviews!!

Pete

Old January 13th 05, 02:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Alex:
Who's the cheapest reliable (ipstream) supplier for a 1Mb connection?

I am pretty sure that will be PlusNet 1Mb/s for £14.99, with 1Gb/m included,
£2 extra per Gb (or little less if pre - paid).
PlusNet has won the best consumer ISP and best consumer service awards just
recently.
Yes, they had a 3 day email outage, but other than my service over 18
months was faultless.
If you decide to go with PlusNet please use 'jerryw' as a referrer and save
me 25p, thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old January 13th 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 13/01/2005 Martin² wrote:

Alex:
Who's the cheapest reliable (ipstream) supplier for a 1Mb
connection?

[snipped]

If you decide to go with PlusNet please use 'jerryw' as a referrer
and save me 25p, thanks,
regards,
Martin

That sort of comment does make me question the objectivity of the
recommendation I have to say.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2
Old January 13th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , "Alex(IoW)"
writes
Sorry! Should have specified uncapped.....downloading 10Gb of old 200AD
comics at the moment!

Where from? Would love to read some old issues sighs and thinks of the
halcyon days
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old January 14th 05, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 13/01/2005 Martin² wrote:

Alex:
Who's the cheapest reliable (ipstream) supplier for a 1Mb
connection?

[snipped]

If you decide to go with PlusNet please use 'jerryw' as a referrer
and save me 25p, thanks,
regards,
Martin

That sort of comment does make me question the objectivity of the
recommendation I have to say.

I would say that they are a darn site better than NTL, but that wouldn't be
hard, maybe that's why I think they aren't as bad as what some of the other
posters have been shouting. A 3 day outage isn't anything compared to what
I used to have to put up with....

Old January 14th 05, 03:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

If you decide to go with PlusNet please use 'jerryw' as a referrer
and save me 25p, thanks,
regards,
Martin

Jeff G:
That sort of comment does make me question the objectivity of the
recommendation I have to say.

It's NOT one off payment up front.
In order to benefit from the small discount both I, and the new customer,
have to STAY with PlusNet.
I have had excellent service, and price reduction, from them since May 03,
so I am staying.
Regards,
Martin