DLink DSL-G604T - New UK Firmware released :)

Old January 13th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Default DLink DSL-G604T - New UK Firmware released :)

At last

Available from ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-g604t/

Having downloaded and successfully updated - it looks/works a lot
better. Includes a new configuration wizard at start-up.

Full list of changes;

Release Notes DSL-G-604T

FW v1.00B03T01.UK.20041126
1. Web style changed: Support Wizard for configuration.
2. Support MTU configurable
5. Support 'Unnumber mode' and 'Static IP mode' for PPP in additin to
'Dynamic mode'
6. IP Filtereing enhancement (bi-direction filtering possible).
7. Firewall enhancement, additional options
8. Support auto refresh function in PPP Web page to update the PPP
connectin status.
9. Support ASCII for WEB key input, in addition to HEX.
10. 'Save All' and 'Restart' simplified as 'Reboot'.
11. Support DNS options for DHCP Server
12. Support Manual Input DNS IP for DNS proxy.

Hope this helps !

Cheers

Jim
Old January 13th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Jim wrote:
[...]

Do we know whether this is _NEW_ or just a rehash of the new one on the AUS
website???

Old January 13th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheeky

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:30:19 +0000 (UTC), Jim wrote:

[...]

Woohoo! Thanks for the link Jim. Hope it solves my DNS problems!
--

`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,`
Please reply to the group
Old January 13th 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheeky

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:51:38 -0000, "kraftee" [email protected]&
die.com wrote:

Jim wrote:
At last

Available from ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-g604t/

Having downloaded and successfully updated - it looks/works a lot
better. Includes a new configuration wizard at start-up.

Do we know whether this is _NEW_ or just a rehash of the new one on the AUS
website???

Also, do you need to do the upgrade over a wired connection or can you
do it over wireless as well.

TIA
--

`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,`
Old January 13th 05, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

die.com wrote:

Jim wrote:
At last

Available from ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-g604t/

Having downloaded and successfully updated - it looks/works a lot
better. Includes a new configuration wizard at start-up.

Do we know whether this is _NEW_ or just a rehash of the new one on
the AUS website???

Also, do you need to do the upgrade over a wired connection or can you
do it over wireless as well.

TIA

Always safest to do it over a wired connection (although their PDF guide
doesn't refer to it). Remember to disconnect the DSL lead as well (which is
mentioned in the guide).

Just upgraded mine & on the surface it looks like a cross between the old UK
firmware & the new AUS update which I loaded up just over a week ago, we'll
just have to see about how reliable the thing is in the next few weeks, but
at least the time/clock is correct now.....

Old January 14th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Peter wrote:
Jim wrote:

Release Notes DSL-G-604T

FW v1.00B03T01.UK.20041126
1. Web style changed: Support Wizard for configuration.
2. Support MTU configurable
5. Support 'Unnumber mode' and 'Static IP mode' for PPP in additin
to 'Dynamic mode'
6. IP Filtereing enhancement (bi-direction filtering possible).
7. Firewall enhancement, additional options
8. Support auto refresh function in PPP Web page to update the PPP
connectin status.
9. Support ASCII for WEB key input, in addition to HEX.
10. 'Save All' and 'Restart' simplified as 'Reboot'.
11. Support DNS options for DHCP Server
12. Support Manual Input DNS IP for DNS proxy.

You mean...... it might work now?

Let you know in around a week, well I've got to try it out first haven't I
;-)

Old January 14th 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheeky

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:27:09 -0000, "kraftee" [email protected]&
die.com wrote:

Always safest to do it over a wired connection (although their PDF guide
doesn't refer to it). Remember to disconnect the DSL lead as well (which is
mentioned in the guide).

Just upgraded mine & on the surface it looks like a cross between the old UK
firmware & the new AUS update which I loaded up just over a week ago, we'll
just have to see about how reliable the thing is in the next few weeks, but
at least the time/clock is correct now.....

Thanks. Now need to sweet talk SWMBO into borrowing her laptop :-)
--

`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,`
Old January 14th 05, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andy

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
Peter wrote:
Jim wrote:

Release Notes DSL-G-604T

FW v1.00B03T01.UK.20041126
1. Web style changed: Support Wizard for configuration.
2. Support MTU configurable
5. Support 'Unnumber mode' and 'Static IP mode' for PPP in additin
to 'Dynamic mode'
6. IP Filtereing enhancement (bi-direction filtering possible).
7. Firewall enhancement, additional options
8. Support auto refresh function in PPP Web page to update the PPP
connectin status.
9. Support ASCII for WEB key input, in addition to HEX.
10. 'Save All' and 'Restart' simplified as 'Reboot'.
11. Support DNS options for DHCP Server
12. Support Manual Input DNS IP for DNS proxy.

You mean...... it might work now?

Let you know in around a week, well I've got to try it out first haven't I
;-)

Great, I have applied the update to my Router and it's all gone pear shaped.
My Internet connection is still live though I can't get past the login
screen. After entering my username & password I am taken to a IE error page
with the following message

The page cannot be displayed
Explanation: The Web server refused the connection, possibly because a
service on the upstream server is inactive.

a.. Error Code 10061: Connection refused
b.. Background: When the gateway or proxy server contacted the upstream
(Web) server, the connection was refused. This usually results from trying
to connect to a service that is inactive on the upstream server.
So there you go. One step backwards. I suppose I should be pleased that at
least I can connect to the net.

Andy.

Old January 15th 05, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Peter wrote:
Jim wrote:

[...]

try firstly using the old default username /password, you may (if like me
you've changed the LAN IP range) also need to release & renew your IP
adress.

If all else fails you've always got the little magic button on the back to
reset it all back to default anyway. I used that the last 2 times I changed
the firmware before i updated & had very little problem, except of course
when I changed the LAN IP...

Old January 15th 05, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:28:22 -0000, "andy" wrote:

Great, I have applied the update to my Router and it's all gone pear shaped.
My Internet connection is still live though I can't get past the login
screen. After entering my username & password I am taken to a IE error page
with the following message

The page cannot be displayed
Explanation: The Web server refused the connection, possibly because a
service on the upstream server is inactive.

a.. Error Code 10061: Connection refused
b.. Background: When the gateway or proxy server contacted the upstream
(Web) server, the connection was refused. This usually results from trying
to connect to a service that is inactive on the upstream server.
So there you go. One step backwards. I suppose I should be pleased that at
least I can connect to the net.

Andy.

Andy

Was this after the first file update (the fs file) or after both file
(the fs, and also the kernel) ?

I've read of similar problems which give the same response as yours.
Appears to be solved by pressing the 'reset' button on the back, and
then updating the second (kernel) file ..

Jim