OT? Domain Transfer

Old January 14th 05, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
baron

Default OT? Domain Transfer

Hi there,

I know this is OT, but I've upgradeing to Broadband and my domain name is on
Freenetname.co.uk and I was wondering how easy is it to transfer my domain
name to another ISP?

Regards,

Baron.

Old January 14th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"baron" wrote in message
Hi there,

I know this is OT, but I've upgradeing to Broadband and my domain name is
on
Freenetname.co.uk and I was wondering how easy is it to transfer my domain
name to another ISP?

Regards,

Baron.

When I emailed their support to ask a few months ago, they said it would
cost 90 (what a rip-off).

Old January 14th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"baron" wrote in message
Hi there,

I know this is OT, but I've upgradeing to Broadband and my domain name is
on
Freenetname.co.uk and I was wondering how easy is it to transfer my domain
name to another ISP?

Regards,

Baron.

Sorry, just looked on their website and it looks like they have reduced
their prices.

Can I transfer my domain to another ISP?

Yes. Your freenetname free domain name can be transferred to another service
provider. There is an administration fee of 25 (inclusive of VAT). This can
be done by logging in to My Account from the freenetname homepage.

Old January 14th 05, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Shaw

"baron" wrote in message
Hi there,

I know this is OT, but I've upgradeing to Broadband and my domain name is
on
Freenetname.co.uk and I was wondering how easy is it to transfer my domain
name to another ISP?

Regards,

Baron.

I waited until Freenetname relinquished the domain name (two years+ in the
case of a .co.uk), then just brought it from Nominet in the usual way.

Cheers

Nick

Old January 14th 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Nick Shaw" )org wrote in message

"baron" wrote in message
Hi there,

I know this is OT, but I've upgradeing to Broadband and my domain name is
on
Freenetname.co.uk and I was wondering how easy is it to transfer my
domain
name to another ISP?

Regards,

Baron.

I waited until Freenetname relinquished the domain name (two years+ in the
case of a .co.uk), then just brought it from Nominet in the usual way.

Cheers

Nick

Just found out that my domain I registered with Freenetnames 3 years ago is
now available to buy. Purchased it from a ukreg.com for 5 for 2 years. Just
think if I had purchased it from freenetnames back then for 90!!!

Old January 14th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dennis Reynolds

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:38:51 -0000, "ABC" wrote:

"baron" wrote in message
Hi there,

I know this is OT, but I've upgradeing to Broadband and my domain name is
on
Freenetname.co.uk and I was wondering how easy is it to transfer my domain
name to another ISP?

Regards,

Baron.

Sorry, just looked on their website and it looks like they have reduced
their prices.

Can I transfer my domain to another ISP?

Yes. Your freenetname free domain name can be transferred to another service
provider. There is an administration fee of 25 (inclusive of VAT). This can
be done by logging in to My Account from the freenetname homepage.

I have just done it. Took over two months, and despite paying the
admin fee I had to do all the phoning and chasing.

If there is another way of achieving the same end I suggest you use.

Old January 14th 05, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Dennis Reynolds wrote:

Can I transfer my domain to another ISP?

Yes. Your freenetname free domain name can be transferred to another service
provider. There is an administration fee of 25 (inclusive of VAT). This can
be done by logging in to My Account from the freenetname homepage.

I have just done it. Took over two months, and despite paying the
admin fee I had to do all the phoning and chasing.

If there is another way of achieving the same end I suggest you use.

When I did not call the 0845 for 30 days they suspended the account and
'transfer out' was then an option set up and offered. The transfer then
went through in a day or so.

Bill