VDSL - no BT broadband?

Old January 14th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default VDSL - no BT broadband?

"Mark Graves" wrote in message
Hi,
Can someone explain the options for a person who wants to go broadband
but has fibreoptic cable instead of copper (I think it's between the
street cabinet and the exchange)? It is correct that BT do not support
broadband over fibreoptic and the person would have to change to cable
to get broadband? Seems a bit odd if BT themselves installed the
lines! Or are there other ISP's that support fibreoptic connections at
VDSL speeds?
--
Mark Graves. To reply by email remove SPAMTRAP from the address.
Useful and free software and services - www.WhyPayExtra.com

It is kinda funny, when they say they can't supply broadband because your
line contains fibre optics. fibre optics is pefect for broadband! wake up
bt!!!

They should start rolling fibre to every street cabinet otherwise we're
going to start falling really behind in terms of speed. at least to all the
new street cabinets and start deploying VDSL! But then again, BT aren't
using a fraction of the ADSL specification. t t t

Dan

Dan

Old January 14th 05, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Dan wrote:

It is kinda funny, when they say they can't supply broadband because your
line contains fibre optics. fibre optics is pefect for broadband!

It's not suitable for ADSL though!

The line is probably provided over what BT calls "TPON" is this in
Milton Keynes?