VDSL - no BT broadband?

Old January 14th 05, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kenty

Default VDSL - no BT broadband?

"Mark Graves" wrote in message
Hi,
Can someone explain the options for a person who wants to go broadband
but has fibreoptic cable instead of copper (I think it's between the
street cabinet and the exchange)? It is correct that BT do not support
broadband over fibreoptic and the person would have to change to cable
to get broadband? Seems a bit odd if BT themselves installed the
lines! Or are there other ISP's that support fibreoptic connections at
VDSL speeds?
--
Mark Graves. To reply by email remove SPAMTRAP from the address.
Useful and free software and services - www.WhyPayExtra.com

thats right, no fibre optic

copper pair only