Wireless Network Monitor

Old January 14th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

Default Wireless Network Monitor

Hi,

We share our broadband with our neighbour via a Netgear wireless router and
adaptor. I use Bandwidth Monitor Pro to monitor the usage of my machine but
it does not appear to be able to monitor the wireless adaptor nextdoor.

Anyone know of any software that can do this so i can get a rough idea of
our total monthly usage?

Old January 15th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Gareth :-\\) voom" wrote on Fri, 14 Jan 2005 at
21:45:04:

We share our broadband with our neighbour via a Netgear wireless router and
adaptor. I use Bandwidth Monitor Pro to monitor the usage of my machine but
it does not appear to be able to monitor the wireless adaptor nextdoor.

Anyone know of any software that can do this so i can get a rough idea of
our total monthly usage?

Try PRTG Traffic Grapher from www.paessler.com/prtg. It monitors
traffic through the router itself, assuming that the router supports
SNMP.
--
Tony
Old January 16th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

"Tony" wrote in message
news
"Gareth :-\\) voom" wrote on Fri, 14 Jan 2005 at
21:45:04:

We share our broadband with our neighbour via a Netgear wireless router

and
adaptor. I use Bandwidth Monitor Pro to monitor the usage of my machine

but
it does not appear to be able to monitor the wireless adaptor nextdoor.

Anyone know of any software that can do this so i can get a rough idea of
our total monthly usage?

Try PRTG Traffic Grapher from www.paessler.com/prtg. It monitors
traffic through the router itself, assuming that the router supports
SNMP.
--
Tony

Thanx, will have a look at that.