Do Client Bridge mode WAPS act as repeaters?

Old January 15th 05, 02:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LJM

Default Do Client Bridge mode WAPS act as repeaters?

Do they? Earlier I reconfigured my now-redundant 3Com WAP to
client-bridge mode so it would connect a device at one end of the house
to the net through my new wireless ADSL router (at the other end of the
house). And suddenly, the Wi-Fi signal in an upstairs room where it
normally fluctuates between 'Poor' and 'Good' is now 'Excellent'.

--
Lee J. Moore