Does Wannado have a good newserver?

Old January 15th 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

Default Does Wannado have a good newserver?

"Alex Boosbeck" wrote in message
binaries....

thanks, Alex.

I'd like to know as well, or more to the point is there any ISP that does?
Besides Clara who are supposed to have complete binaries group coverage
except that the service is very flaky with much incomplete.

Old January 15th 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

"DubDriver" wrote in message
"Alex Boosbeck" wrote in message

or more to the point is there any ISP that does?

Pipex. Since they contracted their Usenet out to Giganews (a few months
back) the service has been superb. 50 Days retention, and 99+% completion
on the binary groups I use. The service is throttled back to 25k/s, but
you're allowed up to two concurrent connections. There's an allowance of
10Gb per month and if needed, an extra 5Gb can be purchased for 2GBP.

This is part of their standard ADSL home package.

Old January 15th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

"Pete" wrote in message

"DubDriver" wrote in message
"Alex Boosbeck" wrote in message

or more to the point is there any ISP that does?

Pipex. Since they contracted their Usenet out to Giganews (a few months
back) the service has been superb. 50 Days retention, and 99+% completion
on the binary groups I use. The service is throttled back to 25k/s, but
you're allowed up to two concurrent connections. There's an allowance of
10Gb per month and if needed, an extra 5Gb can be purchased for 2GBP.

This is part of their standard ADSL home package.

Thanks for that, Clara say they have done some alterations to their server
yesterday which should improve things but, if not, Pipex here I come!