Plusnet news burp?

Old January 15th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Default Plusnet news burp?

The plusnet news server(s) have just burped up old messages since July
2004 as "new" several groups showing tens of thousands of new messages

Has the new spool03 just been let loose? Are the article numbers out of
sync with the other two spools?

Perhaps it's another problem, or maybe just me ...
Old January 15th 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Andy Burns wrote:
The plusnet news server(s) have just burped up old messages since July
2004 as "new" several groups showing tens of thousands of new messages

Has the new spool03 just been let loose? Are the article numbers out
of sync with the other two spools?

Perhaps it's another problem, or maybe just me ...

The text groups that I monitor are behaving normally.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old January 15th 05, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Old Codger wrote:

The text groups that I monitor are behaving normally.

OK, thanks, I've connected to ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net do you know
which one you've hit?

Old January 16th 05, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Old Codger wrote:

The text groups that I monitor are behaving normally.

Ahh, looks like thunderbird has decided to mark *all* my groups for
"offline" rather than just the selected ones I read offline, and most of
them online ... perhaps I did it accidentally ....

Old January 16th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 15 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, Andy Burns wrote:

Perhaps it's another problem, or maybe just me ...

Why not post where the majority of other Plus.Net customers will see it?

Even though I'm using Plus.Net for connection, I really don't expect to
see lots of queries like this one posted in u.t.b (esp as news isn't an
exclusive to broadband users). Speed issues, comparing with other ISPs,
and possibly 'I cannot reach the plus.net news servers' (via some other
news service) perhaps, but not the first place I'd ask for comments wrt
an ISP's news service when that ISP has users and staff monitoring some
easily found ISP-specific news groups on the server used for posting.

Is plusnet.* missing on your list of groups ? :-) Peter M.

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old January 16th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Peter M wrote:

Why not post where the majority of other Plus.Net customers will see it?

I suppose the short answer is that I was being lazy, I've only got
subscriptions to plusnet.status and .announce ...