Wanadoo "Broadband in a Box"

Old January 16th 05, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferret

Default Wanadoo "Broadband in a Box"

Hi All,
I just purchased Broadband in a box from Dixon's for 18, this includes
a Thomson speedtouch 330 modem, 2 filters and 2 months connection. My
question is, if I don't go with Wanadoo, which is likely, is there any
problems using this modem with other ISPs, and are there any legal questions
if I keep this modem and not use Wanadoo. After all, Wanadoo don't even know
I exist, let alone no I have purchased it. Is the modem a reasonable one?

Many thanks

Ferret.

Old January 16th 05, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike GW8IJT

"ferret" wrote in message
Hi All,
I just purchased Broadband in a box from Dixon's for 18, this

includes
a Thomson speedtouch 330 modem, 2 filters and 2 months connection. My
question is, if I don't go with Wanadoo, which is likely, is there any
problems using this modem with other ISPs, and are there any legal

questions
if I keep this modem and not use Wanadoo. After all, Wanadoo don't

even know
I exist, let alone no I have purchased it. Is the modem a reasonable

one?

Many thanks

Ferret.

Presumably you having spent 18 means you own the modem, but read the
t's & c's.
The Speedtouch 330 is a very popular broadband modem, I have one for use
with Homecall.
Regards Mike.

--
"Remember that age and treachery will always triumph over youth and
ability" (David Brent).

Old January 16th 05, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve P

Modem is fine for connecting single PC to broadband.Chuck the disk away
that comes in the box as its likely to be wannado branded software. Goto
http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330.asp
and download the drivers yourself. Bargain price and 2 filters as well!

Old January 16th 05, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 16 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, "ferret" wrote:

I just purchased Broadband in a box from Dixon's for 18, this includes
a Thomson speedtouch 330 modem, 2 filters

What filters do you get, please ? Might be handy as spares anyway and the
USB modem something to flog on Ebay for a tenner, "unused" :-) I'd maybe
need to visit the local Currys as Dixons here was shut down... Peter M.

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old January 16th 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

What filters do you get, please ? Might be handy as spares anyway and the
USB modem something to flog on Ebay for a tenner, "unused" :-) I'd maybe
need to visit the local Currys as Dixons here was shut down... Peter M.

Why would you go to the bother of buying that and having to sell the modem
just to get 2 spare filers??

Just buy a few instead!

http://tinyurl.com/6offd

Old January 21st 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
newman

ferret wrote:

Hi All,
I just purchased Broadband in a box from Dixon's for 18, this includes
a Thomson speedtouch 330 modem, 2 filters and 2 months connection. My
question is, if I don't go with Wanadoo, which is likely, is there any
problems using this modem with other ISPs, and are there any legal questions
if I keep this modem and not use Wanadoo. After all, Wanadoo don't even know
I exist, let alone no I have purchased it. Is the modem a reasonable one?

Many thanks

Ferret.

Is there a minimum term if you connect for the 2 months free?
Is the modem able to connect to USB and NIC?

Regards
Old January 22nd 05, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Doherty

"Simon" wrote in message

What filters do you get, please ? Might be handy as spares anyway and

the
USB modem something to flog on Ebay for a tenner, "unused" :-) I'd

maybe
need to visit the local Currys as Dixons here was shut down... Peter M.

Why would you go to the bother of buying that and having to sell the modem
just to get 2 spare filers??

Just buy a few instead!

http://tinyurl.com/6offd

If it's the Speedtouch filters which are supplied then they are worth 9.99
each before postage and packing.

A good performance filter with a neat design which means that the filter
body can be left like a "rats tail" or mounted on the back of the BT Plug to
keep the filter body off the floor.

Old January 22nd 05, 02:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 22 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Tony Doherty" wrote:

If it's the Speedtouch filters which are supplied then they are worth 9.99
each before postage and packing.

Hence my query :-) Peter M.
Old January 22nd 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferret

Yes, they do supply 2 Speedtouch filters.
I will probably be using the said kit for Demon or F2S.

Ferret

Old January 23rd 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AJM

Mike
You have homecall as ISP? I use them for phone and thinking about the
ISP/calls package they offer. Are homecall good/reliable as an ISP and how
long do they take to activate service?
Cheers

Andrew