Microsoft ANTI SPYWARE software

Old January 16th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Default Microsoft ANTI SPYWARE software

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Old January 16th 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

six-toes wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Firstly you forgot to tell anyone it's in Beta testing (mind you what MS
product isn't) & secondly it works so well because it isn't directly a MS
product. All MS has done is bought out a small companies product &
repackaged it. Give them a couple of months/updates & it will be as equally
borked as most other MS products are & as such will not be trustworthy or
dependable, seeing that it is supposedly a security product...

Old January 16th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On 16 Jan 2005 11:40:10 -0800, "six-toes"
strung together this:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

I've just seen that somwhere else, but I can start XP bashing here
though.
--

SJW
Old January 16th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Dougal

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Bearing in mind the deluge of 'crap' that accompanies any use of
Internet Explorer, I wouldn't touch any of their products in this line
with a barge pole!

Old January 16th 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

"Dougal" DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Bearing in mind the deluge of 'crap' that accompanies any use of Internet
Explorer, I wouldn't touch any of their products in this line with a barge
pole!

Well, six-toes (I wonder if thats true) is only bringing it to peoples
attention, you are not forced
to use it. Which browser are you using BTW?

Old January 16th 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Dougal wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Bearing in mind the deluge of 'crap' that accompanies any use of
Internet Explorer, I wouldn't touch any of their products in this line
with a barge pole!

The IT folk at work have banned it, they believe (right or wrong ? they
not the most reliable source of IT expertise) that when it goes to V1 in
July it will be on subscription and that it might not be easy to prevent
the beta from upgrading itself and demanding payment.

Hey sounds like it IS spyware !

Bill

Old January 17th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andy

"Bill" wrote in message
Dougal wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Bearing in mind the deluge of 'crap' that accompanies any use of
Internet Explorer, I wouldn't touch any of their products in this line
with a barge pole!

The IT folk at work have banned it, they believe (right or wrong ? they
not the most reliable source of IT expertise) that when it goes to V1 in
July it will be on subscription and that it might not be easy to prevent
the beta from upgrading itself and demanding payment.

I look at it this way, free Anti Spyware software for my network clients
until Microsoft decide to charge for it. We don't have any other
anti-spyware software at the moment so it is sorely needed.

When it becomes chargeable I will review the effectiveness of the product
and if it has saved us time and money then licensing it could be a distinct
possibility. If the pricing is silly then we will look elsewhere but I think
it is more than likely Microsoft will charge no more than required to cover
their costs. It is their software that is insecure after all!

I wouldn't expect the beta to upgrade itself at all, in fact I would be
annoyed if ANY software updated itself without my say so, they will have the
desktops locked down and users shouldn't have permisssions to install
software themselves.
Andy.

Old January 17th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Hutchinson

six-toes wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Pretty useless for my mac
--
substitute invalid.com with ntlworld.com for email
Old January 19th 05, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andy

"roy" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:16:53 +0000, andy wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
Dougal wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
works a treat

Bearing in mind the deluge of 'crap' that accompanies any use of
Internet Explorer, I wouldn't touch any of their products in this

line
with a barge pole!

The IT folk at work have banned it, they believe (right or wrong ? they
not the most reliable source of IT expertise) that when it goes to V1

in
July it will be on subscription and that it might not be easy to

prevent
the beta from upgrading itself and demanding payment.

I look at it this way, free Anti Spyware software for my network clients
until Microsoft decide to charge for it. We don't have any other
anti-spyware software at the moment so it is sorely needed.

No it is not sorely needed.
There are many spyware blasters available for download, most of them
free,
Try adaware, spybot search&destroy, and spyware doctor for starters.

roy

Roy,

I should have been clearer, it's sorely needed for the corporate desktop
environment where the budget isn't yet available for a syware solution.

The other point is who knows Windows better than Microsoft? They know
exactly what services and plugins should be present.

Andy.

Old January 19th 05, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

The other point is who knows Windows better than Microsoft? They know
exactly what services and plugins should be present.

Andy.

HA HA This will be the MS who tell you windows is secure !!

Dave

again
in the future!!