Virgin ADSL activation problem with linksys W/Less Router

Old January 16th 05, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deshi Miah

Default Virgin ADSL activation problem with linksys W/Less Router

Please help, just ADSL installed, waited a week and got a Linksys
wireless 54g adsl router followed all the notes as in:

Filter into wall socket, then adls link and normal phone into that. Is
this setup correct firstly?

All settings are followed as in user name and password,
IP Addressing: dynamically assigned IP address
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Connection type: PPPoA (I get PPPoA athentication error and
connection error)
Encapsulation: VC-MUX

My linksys Internet light stays red and I get an authentication failed
error message, what have I done wrong? The status page states ADSL
link = up and shows the up/download speeds.

I know my password works, becuase I just logged into the virgin
webmail.

Any advise welcome.

Regards

deshi
Old January 16th 05, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Deshi Miah wrote:

[...]

I don't know this router in detail, but it's probably got 4 status lights:
Power
Line Synch
On-line
WLAN

Is yours like this? Which of these lights produce a steady green light?

How did you log into Virgin Webmail if you can't connect? Did you revert to
a dial-up modem? If so, the format of the username may be different between
dial-up and ADSL. Are you using the correct format?

[For example, with PlusNet, dial-up is {username} whereas ADSL is
]

--
Cheers,
Tim

Old January 16th 05, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheeky

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:07:40 -0000, "Tiscali Tim"
wrote:

Is yours like this? Which of these lights produce a steady green light?

How did you log into Virgin Webmail if you can't connect? Did you revert to
a dial-up modem? If so, the format of the username may be different between
dial-up and ADSL. Are you using the correct format?

[For example, with PlusNet, dial-up is {username} whereas ADSL is
]

Indeed it is:

virgin adsl login is [username]@adsl dot virgin dot net

The virgin email address misses out the "adsl"
--

`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,`
Please reply to the group
Old January 17th 05, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deshi

wrote:

Is yours like this? Which of these lights produce a steady green light?

How did you log into Virgin Webmail if you can't connect? Did you revert to
a dial-up modem? If so, the format of the username may be different between
dial-up and ADSL. Are you using the correct format?

[For example, with PlusNet, dial-up is {username} whereas ADSL is
]

Indeed it is:

virgin adsl login is [username]@adsl dot virgin dot net

The virgin email address misses out the "adsl"
--

ø€`€ø,,,,ø€`€ø,,,,ø `€ø,,,,ø€`€ø
Please reply to the group
Replies to this address will bounce!
ø€`€ø,,,,ø€`€ø,,,,ø `€ø,,,,ø€`€ø

The lights are as follow on the linksys WAG54G:
Power - green
Ethernet - green on the correct point
WLAN - green
DSL - green
Internet - red

I am connecting to the virgin web mail via a friends wifi. I am using the
correct user name which is
for my adsl login, its
different for the email login, no adsl on the domain name part.

The error I get is PPPoA authentication failure, which I have been told by
linksys tech support means my user name and password are not recognised or
accepted by virgin server.

The status page on the router shows the DSL link as active, so I'm assuming
I'm not at fault here.

Emailed virgin last night no response yet, this sucks.

Thanks for the responses.

deshi

Old March 16th 05, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
beefyjames

Virgin.net ADSL. I'm having the same problems right now. My WAG54G wa
working fine for 8 months then it started playing up and neede
resetting now I can't get on there. Wireless is fine but no connectio
to Virgin. Went back to my old speedtouch no probs. Any more tips ou
there??? Ia

--
beefyjames
Old April 5th 06, 03:34 PM
MattF747 MattF747 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefyjames
My WAG54G wa
working fine for 8 months then it started playing up and neede
resetting now I can't get on there. Wireless is fine but no connectio
to Virgin.--
beefyjames
Same deal here! My modem was fine for over a year and the connection I seem to get now is very intermittent .. I'm in Australia though, so it's not a Virgin prob at this end..