measuring data transfer

Old January 17th 05, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default measuring data transfer

I am using a Broadband service with a 1GB monthly usage allowance. I
thought that that would be enough but it is not. I have exceeded this
limit and have been fined accordingly.

Because of the annual contract I am stuck with this ISP for another few
months.

Does anyone know of a program or Windows utility which can measure the
amount of data being transfered to my computer and warn me if I have
exceeded the limit?

Thank you.

Old January 17th 05, 04:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using a Broadband service with a 1GB monthly usage allowance. I
thought that that would be enough but it is not. I have exceeded this
limit and have been fined accordingly.

Because of the annual contract I am stuck with this ISP for another few
months.

Does anyone know of a program or Windows utility which can measure the
amount of data being transfered to my computer and warn me if I have
exceeded the limit?

Thank you.

Netmeter (freeware) http://readerror.gmxhome.de/ does all you want
(although the homepage hardly does justice to this excellent utility.) It's
highly configurable and has the traffic volume alert that would help you
keep within your allowance.

Old January 17th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

oups.com...

DU Meter www.dumeter.com