Broadband future

Old January 17th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cAm

Default Broadband future

Hey folks,

I came back from canada last week. Was feeling really jealous to know
the facts about the broadband my cousins got there.
They are getting 3mb down and 800k up for only 25 canadian dollors pm,
ie 11 pm. My cuz said that its promotional offer and get has to pay 45
dollors for last 5 months of the year.still 25 pounds! he also said that
there is another ISP(rogers.ca) offering 5mb/800k at the same price (25
pm)
SHAME !! i mean i m in uk and paying 35 pm for 2mb cable internet and
still only get 256k up
why cant we get simmilar sort of broadband services (if not better) here
in UK? are we BEHIND ??
i know about the 8mb service for 40 pm by ukonline.net, but they even
give 400k up

what sort of bandwidth we people will get in recent future and at wat
prices?
Old January 17th 05, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"cAm" wrote in message
[...]

Blame bloody BT for the behind the times service that we in the UK have
access to (

Old January 17th 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message

"cAm" wrote in message
[...]

14.90 euros for 8meg here in France...
Dave

Old January 17th 05, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Peter Hayward" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message

"cAm" wrote in message
[...]

Don't think so www.cegetel.fr has details, my French is not very good at the
moment !

Dave....

Old January 17th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 17 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dave" wrote:

14.90 euros for 8meg here in France...

URL for the ISP, please ?

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old January 17th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Peter M" wrote in message
On 17 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dave" wrote:

14.90 euros for 8meg here in France...

URL for the ISP, please ?

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org

www.cegetel.fr as above......

Dave

Old January 17th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

www.cegetel.fr as above......

Dave

Old January 17th 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Jones

They are getting 3mb down and 800k up for only 25 canadian dollors
pm, ie 11 pm. My cuz said that its promotional offer and get has to
pay 45 dollors for last 5 months of the year.still 25 pounds!

Last time I checked, the Canadian services looked really cheap on the
surface but came with things like 10 GB/month caps. If you're capping data
transfer, then you could offer a 100 Mb line to your customers without it
costing you any extra.

Old January 17th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

Peter M wrote:
On 17 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dave" wrote:

14.90 euros for 8meg here in France...

URL for the ISP, please ?

Also neuf.fr (who a friend of mine is with) are currently offering the same:

http://www.neuf.fr/offres/adsl/

I believe it is only available in major cities (maybe even just Paris)
and is on unbundled lines (degroupage)...