Netgear DG834G V1.10.08 firmware

Old January 17th 05, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Netgear DG834G V1.10.08 firmware

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101238.asp

Part way down the above page is a 35Mb download for the source code for
the DG834G. Within the downloaded file is a 4Mb V1.10.08.img file. I
assume this is the correct file to upload to the router?

As anyone tried this software yet?

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Old January 18th 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
: Part way down the above page is a 35Mb download for the source code for
: the DG834G. Within the downloaded file is a 4Mb V1.10.08.img file. I
: assume this is the correct file to upload to the router?

: As anyone tried this software yet?

It got mentioned as stable in another thread so I loaded it last night as
a trial. Seems just fine so far....but then the previous version had zero
problems (ever!) for me either!

I took the download from http://www.longview.eclipse.co.uk/netgear/

Old January 18th 05, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
: Part way down the above page is a 35Mb download for the source code for
: the DG834G. Within the downloaded file is a 4Mb V1.10.08.img file. I
: assume this is the correct file to upload to the router?

: As anyone tried this software yet?

It got mentioned as stable in another thread so I loaded it last night as
a trial. Seems just fine so far....but then the previous version had zero
problems (ever!) for me either!

I took the download from http://www.longview.eclipse.co.uk/netgear/

Any ideas what issue it is supposed to address/fix?

Old January 19th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

"Martin?" wrote:
: Anyone found the list of potential improvements??

: Shouldn't you be asking Netgear ?

No - As it isn't an official release.

: They are perfect, right ?

Have been for me!
Old January 19th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Brian McIlwrath wrote:
"Martin?" wrote:
Anyone found the list of potential improvements??

Shouldn't you be asking Netgear ?

No - As it isn't an official release.

They are perfect, right ?

Have been for me!

Netgear online 'support' (cough) appear to be a little upset about this
release, when I informed them I was going to give it a go before going down
the RMA road (24 hours & counting, I would normal expect a reboot by now but
it all apears to be ok....so far)...

Old January 21st 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MM

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
: Part way down the above page is a 35Mb download for the source code for
: the DG834G. Within the downloaded file is a 4Mb V1.10.08.img file. I
: assume this is the correct file to upload to the router?

: As anyone tried this software yet?

It got mentioned as stable in another thread so I loaded it last night as
a trial. Seems just fine so far....but then the previous version had zero
problems (ever!) for me either!

I took the download from http://www.longview.eclipse.co.uk/netgear/

Ive been running 1.05.00 just perfect - the only time it goes down is when I
take it down. A friend of a friend that works for them says its to address a
number of issues. One is that they had some sync issues witha particular
DSLAM/line card combo that BT went onto, and another that the wireless AP
would stop working if it experienced heavy interference for 24hrs or more !
....usual case of something that works great for 98% of people, but they
continue to bug fix for the other 2% ......fair play to em I say. But if
what youve got now works fine for you then stick with it