Losing connection in the Evening

Old January 18th 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Spiers

Default Losing connection in the Evening

I have virgin.net broadband using a BT Voyager 100 modem. I seem to
lose the DSL connection in the evening.

For example, on Saturday I was able to use broadband all day but lost
the connection about 18:30, on Sunday the connection lasted until
19:30 but then went.

By losing DSL connection, I mean that the DSL light on the modem goes
out. I have spoken to virgin.net support - they suggested;

1. Interference from Christmas tree lights - we are well past
Christmas so its not going to be that.
2. Plugging the modem direct into the main socket rather than an
extension. If it was this, why have I got a connection all day but
only lose it in the evening.

Any ideas before I cancel my broadband !!!
Old January 18th 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Andrew Spiers wrote:
I have virgin.net broadband using a BT Voyager 100 modem. I seem to
lose the DSL connection in the evening.

For example, on Saturday I was able to use broadband all day but lost
the connection about 18:30, on Sunday the connection lasted until
19:30 but then went.

By losing DSL connection, I mean that the DSL light on the modem goes
out. I have spoken to virgin.net support - they suggested;

1. Interference from Christmas tree lights - we are well past
Christmas so its not going to be that.
2. Plugging the modem direct into the main socket rather than an
extension. If it was this, why have I got a connection all day but
only lose it in the evening.

2. is reasonable, the connection may be marginal.
Can you find any status pages on the modem giving details of line conditions?