line length

Old January 19th 05, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default line length

As one who lives 8.7 Km from an enabled exchange and cannot get any
digital services whatsoever (even Highway) - please let us know if you
succeed. I am told that some ADSL modems are a lot better than others
on weak signals but am not sure what might work best. I have seen a
bulletin board post suggesting that a Linksys WAG54G synchronised on a
9.5KM line when nothing else would. As a matter of note, all ISP's
will accept an order as long as your exchange is enabled irrespective
of how far you are away. That is current BT policy. When the self
install fails, your ISP should ask BT to try and achieve a service.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:02:26 -0000, "kraftee" [email protected]&
die.com wrote:

P H wrote:
"Cliff Goldsmith" wrote in message
wanadoo have accepted my order for broadband
will they be able to provide with a line length on 10.6km ?
thanks
cliff goldsmith

IMHO As Krafee has pointed out... No ! You could be better off trying
to get a Home 250 service if you do fail to get it to work.

73 de Phill H

Old January 20th 05, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cliff Goldsmith

waned have now asked bt to check and repair any faults on the line THW my
dial up connection in only 24 kbs but my sister in law 1.5 km away after
having there line replaced connects at 42 kbs.

Old January 21st 05, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Sounds as though your line might have the dreaded DACS fitted? If so,
BT should remove this before they try anything else.

Old January 23rd 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Demon accepted my ADSL order for an enabled exchange but modem failed to
synchronise.
BT engineer brought his modem with the same result so pronounced
unsuitable.
I wish I had realised that to demonstrate synchronisation all I had to
do was plug the USB modem into the computer without software just to
observe if the green light stopped flashing.
Weary BT "engineer" noted that much of my 6?kM line was aluminum and
therefore higher attenuation/noise
Optical would be installed to the local pseudo exchange but BT would not
be paying for any POTs upgrade.

In message , Chris
writes

--