Hardware pop3 mail checker

Old January 20th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

Default Hardware pop3 mail checker

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:34:45 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

Anyone know if there is such a thing as a hardware email (pop3) checker. I
lot easier to check the mail than turn the pc on!. I'm thinking of a box
that plugs into a Ethernet router with maybe a LCD display to display
FROM/Subject ?

I have a special POP account that we give to clients for urgent stuff.
That gets redirected to my Orange e-mail account which (when the wind
is in the right direction) sends an SMS alert which contains the
subject line.
--
January Sales 2005 - Offers & Coupons - http://www.ThisBritain.com/January-Sales-2005/
Locate your Mobile phone: http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html
Old January 20th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 20 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, David Quinton wrote:

gets redirected to my Orange e-mail account which ... sends an SMS
alert which contains the subject line.

Yes, darn handy these PAYG Orange SIMs for free alerts from servers :-)

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old January 21st 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:42:42 +0000, Peter M
wrote:

Yes, darn handy these PAYG Orange SIMs for free alerts from servers :-)

G - actually I get them on my Contract one!