How long after exchange activation?

Old January 21st 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger

Default How long after exchange activation?

Hi
Our exchange at Ventnor IOW went live on Wed 19 January but I have to wait
until 2 February before my line is activated.

Is this delay (2 weeks) normal, I placed my order with Metronet on 8
December? Maybe BT give preference to BT Broadband customers.

Roger

Old January 21st 05, 10:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:22:08 -0000, Roger
wrote:

Hi
Our exchange at Ventnor IOW went live on Wed 19 January but I have to
wait
until 2 February before my line is activated.

Is this delay (2 weeks) normal, I placed my order with Metronet on 8
December? Maybe BT give preference to BT Broadband customers.

Roger

Hi Roger,

With new exchanges we normally see activation dates being set as a week
after the Exchange Ready Date, some will be activated earlier than this.
Usually only ISDN conversions will take longer (because of availability of
the engineer or customer) or where extra work needs to be done on that
line, for example a DACS on the line.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old January 21st 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"Roger" wrote in message
Hi
Our exchange at Ventnor IOW went live on Wed 19 January but I have to wait
until 2 February before my line is activated.

Following this group with interest as my exchange will be enabled on 2nd
Feb.

Just went to bt.com to check and now it says 18th May!

:-(

--

J B

Old January 21st 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 21/01/2005 Roger wrote:

Hi
Our exchange at Ventnor IOW went live on Wed 19 January but I have to
wait until 2 February before my line is activated.

Is this delay (2 weeks) normal, I placed my order with Metronet on 8
December? Maybe BT give preference to BT Broadband customers.

Roger

Perhaps BT are looking for an engineer who can make the journey without
being sea sick?

Demon said they would not/could not place the order with BT until the
exchange was live, they placed it at 9 a.m. on 12/1, the day the
exchange was due to be converted.

My ISDN conversion took place yesterday, it's worth the wait so hang on
in there :-)

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2
Old January 21st 05, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
evangelical_bob

Yeah, 2 weeks is the norm as BT like to run the exchange for this time
just to see if there are any glitches before it goes out to the great
unwashed. You've waited your whole life, a little more time won't
hurt. Of course, I already have broadband :-)

Old January 21st 05, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"evangelical_bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yeah, 2 weeks is the norm as BT like to run the exchange for this time
just to see if there are any glitches before it goes out to the great
unwashed. You've waited your whole life, a little more time won't
hurt. Of course, I already have broadband :-)

Who were you replying to?

--

J B

Old January 24th 05, 06:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
evangelical_bob

J B, there were only 4 previous messages in this thread - surely your
attention span isn't that short? Try getting some fresh air once in a
while. Clue: look at the original message. By the way, I have just
spoken to a colleague and he says that due to serious problems with
underground cabling your exchange is vey unlikely to be activated
before the end of the year :-(

Old January 24th 05, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"evangelical_bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
J B, there were only 4 previous messages in this thread

'Tis normal practice to quote some of the message when replying. It makes it
a *lot* easier to follow the threads.
I have eight groups I follow, so excuse me if I don't remember who said what
to who.

*Everyone* else quotes ... why not try it?

--

J B

Old January 24th 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"evangelical_bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Try getting some fresh air once in a while.

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light
bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6
to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
"lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light
bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL.
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to
this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
about light bulbs"
3 to tell a funny story about their beagle and a light bulb
1 group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
start it all over again.

--

J B