ADSL Faceplate Supplier

Old January 21st 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

Default ADSL Faceplate Supplier

I went live with BB yesterday but have a standard faceplate, I didn't
try to twist the engineer's arm, the signal was good enough for 1MB and
I was having 512kb installed.

However, for convenience it would be good to have an ADSL faceplate to
avoid filters (which I'd need to buy anyway).

Having carefully kept a note of the supplier links provided in here
over the last six months now that I need them I've lost them :-(

I found Solwise by Googling but I remember a supplier with, I think
'it' somewhere in the name - can anybody post me a link please?

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2
Old January 21st 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

http://www.clarity.it/

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

Phill H

Old January 21st 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 21/01/2005 P H wrote:

http://www.clarity.it/

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

Phill H

Thanks Phill, that's the one :-)

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2
Old January 21st 05, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On 21 Jan 2005 11:13:38 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
wrote:

I went live with BB yesterday but have a standard faceplate, I didn't
try to twist the engineer's arm, the signal was good enough for 1MB and
I was having 512kb installed.

However, for convenience it would be good to have an ADSL faceplate to
avoid filters (which I'd need to buy anyway).

Having carefully kept a note of the supplier links provided in here
over the last six months now that I need them I've lost them :-(

I found Solwise by Googling but I remember a supplier with, I think
'it' somewhere in the name - can anybody post me a link please?

There are others too.

I got mine from http://www.adsl-filters.co.uk/ 14.00 including first
class postage. (And although it doesn't say so, it came with a plastic
wire-insertion tool).

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Old January 21st 05, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Informer

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

I went live with BB yesterday but have a standard faceplate, I didn't
try to twist the engineer's arm, the signal was good enough for 1MB and
I was having 512kb installed.

Remember that the ADSL faceplate needs to replace the master socket. This
means that the ADSL faceplate needs to be the first socket fed from the
street with all the other sockets made slaves of that one. In many homes the
PC is fed from an extension socket so without a rewire this solution won't
work.

Old January 21st 05, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 21/01/2005 informer wrote:

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

I went live with BB yesterday but have a standard faceplate, I
didn't try to twist the engineer's arm, the signal was good enough
for 1MB and I was having 512kb installed.

Remember that the ADSL faceplate needs to replace the master socket.
This means that the ADSL faceplate needs to be the first socket fed
from the street with all the other sockets made slaves of that one.
In many homes the PC is fed from an extension socket so without a
rewire this solution won't work.

I found one on Clarity that looks as if you just take out the current
BT master faceplate and plug the replacement in. I am not so sure about
the one at ADSL-Filters (thanks Alex) as there's not a lot of detail.

I take your point about location but I had my master socket moved by BT
last year so it's next to the PC. There's only me and the dog here so I
am in the fortunate position of not being told what to do any more :-)

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2
Old January 22nd 05, 12:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On 21 Jan 2005 22:58:17 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
wrote:

On 21/01/2005 informer wrote:

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

I went live with BB yesterday but have a standard faceplate, I
didn't try to twist the engineer's arm, the signal was good enough
for 1MB and I was having 512kb installed.

Remember that the ADSL faceplate needs to replace the master socket.
This means that the ADSL faceplate needs to be the first socket fed
from the street with all the other sockets made slaves of that one.
In many homes the PC is fed from an extension socket so without a
rewire this solution won't work.

I found one on Clarity that looks as if you just take out the current
BT master faceplate and plug the replacement in. I am not so sure about
the one at ADSL-Filters (thanks Alex) as there's not a lot of detail.

The one at ADSL-Filters only has the filtered bank of connections on
the back, so all extensions wired into it will be filtered.

I know the Clarity one you mean. It costs a little more, but has two
banks of connectors, one filtered and one unfiltered, so you can
choose when you wire it up whether each extension will be filtered or
not.

Old January 22nd 05, 02:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 21 Jan 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, Alex Heney wrote:

I got mine from http://www.adsl-filters.co.uk/ 14.00 including first
class postage. (And although it doesn't say so, it came with a plastic
wire-insertion tool).

Thanks for that, Alex. Handy to know (for someone wanting one) Peter M.
Old January 22nd 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Smith

Try looking at www.adslnation.com

They do a great range. In fact I have just ordered a replacement master
socket, 2 filtered extension sockets and an ADSL/Phone extension socket.
They also have good forums which provide answers accurately and quickly.

Regards

Simon

In message , informer
writes

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

I went live with BB yesterday but have a standard faceplate, I didn't
try to twist the engineer's arm, the signal was good enough for 1MB and
I was having 512kb installed.

Remember that the ADSL faceplate needs to replace the master socket. This
means that the ADSL faceplate needs to be the first socket fed from the
street with all the other sockets made slaves of that one. In many homes the
PC is fed from an extension socket so without a rewire this solution won't
work.

--
Simon Smith

http://www.dancingbear.demon.co.uk/
"If I was in it for the money, I'd be a millionaire by now"