I can hear my Wifi card on my TV!

Old January 21st 05, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fishman

Default I can hear my Wifi card on my TV!

As the subject really. It sounds like the interference from a mobile phone
but with longer pulses.

Is it defective? (it's a PCMCIA card) My old USB dongle device didn't do
this, nor did the PCI version in my desktop. Perhaps I didn't watch TV while
it was being used though...

Old January 21st 05, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"fishman" wrote in message
As the subject really. It sounds like the interference from a mobile phone
but with longer pulses.

Is it defective? (it's a PCMCIA card) My old USB dongle device didn't do
this, nor did the PCI version in my desktop. Perhaps I didn't watch TV
while it was being used though...

Could be faulty, but its more likely that the card is putting out a stronger
signal than the other ones, or that the aerial on it is more effective. Try
repositioning the location of the computer slightly, or adjust the aerial
slightly to see if you can decrease of remove the interference to the TV.
As with any RF related equipment, EMC can become and issue. If you can't be
sure whether or not the other WiFi equipment caused any problems, then this
one might not be any worse than the others. How close is your WiFi to the
TV? Parting them slightly more could well improve the situation.