Belkin F5D7630-4A and AOL

Old January 21st 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Finnigan

Default Belkin F5D7630-4A and AOL

Hi everyone,
a friend has just got AOL and this wireless router and AOL don`t provide
tech support for this router and AOL broadband. I`ve had a look online for
him and had no joy in finding a guide to using this router. I`ve had a play
and can`t figure it out, but had no joy. I know the MTU needs to be set at
1400, but that`s about all I can find out online about it. Has anyone
successfully used one of these routers on AOL broadband, and if so do you
have any help you could offer? The ADSL is activated, he can connect easily
using the AOL provided USB modem, the router syncs to the exchange, but
doesn`t connect to AOL.

Help me please, he`s buggin me to death with all his phone calls :-)

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

Old January 21st 05, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Help me please, he`s buggin me to death with all his phone calls :-)

One of the lads in work has a Belkin* wireless router working with AOL -
their tech support is apparently quite good at talking people through
setting them up for AOL.

They have a "live" IRC app on their site IIRC if you have another means
of connecting to the net, but with him being in work and her at home it
was a 3-way conversation by proxy - they suggested she call up direct.

They managed to "hand hold" her through it with no trouble at all within
a few minutes apparently, and I get the distinct impression she isn`t
what you`d call a regular computer user !

* unless of course i`m mistaken in the brand of router... knowing what my
memory`s like it`ll be a netgear or something :-}