My Tiscali Broadband is so slow....

Old January 22nd 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default My Tiscali Broadband is so slow....

Anyone else noticed its been poor for a while now? I'm on 512k, but
struggling to get dial-up speeds...

John

Old January 22nd 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"John" wrote in message
Anyone else noticed its been poor for a while now? I'm on 512k, but
struggling to get dial-up speeds...

John

Furthermore, I've just done a bandwidth test and got the following result:
130.9 kilobits per second

Thats for a 512k connection.

Old January 23rd 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Sorry mate, Tiscali is basically crap. Your experience matches that of
countless others.

Time to move on.

Phil

Old January 23rd 05, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert Kruiswijk

I agree with Andy. Tiscali can give me fast broadband and a stable
connection, no other ISP have been able to deliver this to me. Speed are
close to theorectical maximum.

Bert.
"andy" wrote in message
had few nights last week that were playing up,but no problems now
overall have been very pleased with tiscali

Old January 23rd 05, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anonymous

Default My Tiscali Broadband was so slow....now elsewhere and no problems at all

I had a few fairly good months with Tiscali and them it fell to pieces.
Support was disgraceful. They would tell you anything to get off the line.
Look at the forums at adslguide.org.uk

Unfortunately it used to be a horrendous job getting released by Tiscali. I
sent 2 letters to the chief exec. Hopefully it might be a bit easier now.

I am very happy with VISPA. Best of luck.

Hugh

Old January 23rd 05, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB.

John wrote:
Anyone else noticed its been poor for a while now? I'm on 512k, but
struggling to get dial-up speeds...

John

I'm in much the same position as you and have just received a long email
from "Support" at my own ISP (not Tiscali) with a list of possible
causes. It might be worth your reading. If you'll email me with a
valid address I'll copy it to you.

--
DB.

Old January 23rd 05, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Bert Kruiswijk" wrote in message
I agree with Andy. Tiscali can give me fast broadband and a stable
connection, no other ISP have been able to deliver this to me. Speed are
close to theorectical maximum.

Same here, I never get a dropped connection and speeds are almost maximum
all the time.
Perhaps the problems are with some exchanges?

Tony

Old January 23rd 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article . com, PhilT
says...
Sorry mate, Tiscali is basically crap. Your experience matches that of
countless others.

Time to move on.

Phil

I'd rather have terminal cancer than Tiscali Broad(my arse)band

And thanks to their outdated Datastream ******** migrating is both
expensive and difficult. Way to go Tosscali. Bankruptcy would be a
blessing in disguise to the rest of the Internet.

FR
Old January 23rd 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Bert Kruiswijk
says...
I agree with Andy. Tiscali can give me fast broadband and a stable
connection, no other ISP have been able to deliver this to me. Speed are
close to theorectical maximum.

Can I have some of what you have been smoking?

I won't bother poking holes in your stupid statement as you are probably
too retarded to understand the difference between datastream and
IPstream. Like paying multiple connection charges do you?
Old January 23rd 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert Kruiswijk

You sound like my wife. She is a Professor in her eyes I am just a retared
Doctor.
"Flying Rat" wrote in message
In article , Bert Kruiswijk
says...